ARC536Pro USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnp3205

Premium Subscriber
I am using the beta of ARC536Pro. Can I use the USB port on the back of the BCD536HP to control/run the software? Or must I use the serial pinned port? Thanks in advance for the help.
John

joeuser

The Wretched
Where does one get the cable for this GPS port? I can't find anything at Unidens site and that port doesn't look like a USB port to me with that blade & contacts on my 436.

Do both the GPS cable & regular USB cable need to be hooked up to the system with the BuTel software?

Will it carry the audio from the radio to the system it's plugged into & running the BuTel software?

Also, anyone discover how to address the drivers for XP & when the 436 is in serial mode, I see it in Device Manager but it's unknown & letting it search for drivers doesn't come up with anything.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I tried using ARC536Pro using the serial port on the back of the 536 and the software can't find it. It only lists USB not Serial. Am I doing something wrong?

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I tried using ARC536Pro using the serial port on the back of the 536 and the software can't find it. It only lists USB not Serial. Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you have the serial port on the scanner set for 115200 under the setup for the GPS receiver.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Yes it was, I disconnected and restarted, but I left both the USB and the Serial in. On the Butel site, it sez for VC, to additionally have the Serial in as well as the USB. Tks.

johnp3205

Premium Subscriber
So this is got me confused?

Ok, so my original post had me asking the question about the rear 536hp 9 pin serial port. I have a startech usb 1 to 9pin serial null modem cable,that was recommended. I have plugged it into the 9 pin port at the rear of the scanner and plugged in the usb to my PC. The cable has been recognized by the PC as being there. Windows 7 claims it has installed a driver for it but the Startech cable did come with a driver CD as well. My question still remains,,,what else must I do to make this communicate with the scanner when using Butel 536HP pro software? Just plugging it into the Radio and PC doesn't get it recognized and the only way I know of selecting serial mode is by having the other radio supplied cable plugged into the front port but that doesn't make sense by having 2 cables in at the same time, at least to me it doesn't. How about someone setting me straight and helping me get this right already.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so my original post had me asking the question about the rear 536hp 9 pin serial port. I have a startech usb 1 to 9pin serial null modem cable,that was recommended. I have plugged it into the 9 pin port at the rear of the scanner and plugged in the usb to my PC. The cable has been recognized by the PC as being there. Windows 7 claims it has installed a driver for it but the Startech cable did come with a driver CD as well. My question still remains,,,what else must I do to make this communicate with the scanner when using Butel 536HP pro software? Just plugging it into the Radio and PC doesn't get it recognized and the only way I know of selecting serial mode is by having the other radio supplied cable plugged into the front port but that doesn't make sense by having 2 cables in at the same time, at least to me it doesn't. How about someone setting me straight and helping me get this right already.

Try doing what I did, connect both serial in the rear of the unit AND the USB in front (selecting serial) and that should do it. My USB has not disconnected since I did that. For some reason it needs both (According to info from the Butel site.

joeuser

The Wretched
So does anyone know if it will pipe the audio from the 436 to the PC (using the USB & serial cable) or must that be done through a third audio cable from the headphone plugin? (Which seems to be awfully soft in terms of loudness)

Thank you all for the help

Last edited:

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I tried using just the back port (115K) and it would not connect. When I used both the front and back on my 536, then it worked without dumping the front USB. I it supposed to use only the back?

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
No, I have Null Modem cable, shows up as port 4 in dev mgr. Usb port shows as port 7. Both are set to 115k, but software doesn't see port 4, only USB port 7. If I disconnect port 4, the rear serial, then I get the USB drop from the front port. I ran a serial analyzer on the port and data is coming out of the scanner, but program is not picking it up. The "ScannerScreeen" software works on just the rear serial port ok. Even my proscan V.7 sees data coming and will log.

mrkelso

No, I have Null Modem cable, shows up as port 4 in dev mgr. Usb port shows as port 7. Both are set to 115k, but software doesn't see port 4, only USB port 7. If I disconnect port 4, the rear serial, then I get the USB drop from the front port. I ran a serial analyzer on the port and data is coming out of the scanner, but program is not picking it up. The "ScannerScreeen" software works on just the rear serial port ok. Even my proscan V.7 sees data coming and will log.

Did you go into the setting and set the baud rate for the rear port to 115200 ?

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
No, it times out saying cannot connect to radio. (answering mrkelso, see above 115k is 115,000kbps) yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.