ARC536Pro USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
I have found that sometimes you have to turn off the scanner and turn it back on then the computer finds the ports better

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
I have tried all, and the only way this software is working for me is via the front USB port. The software does not for some reason read the rear serial at all. As stated before, I have confirmed that the rear serial works with my 536 with other software, so it's not my setup.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yeah that's using the front usb I don't have the correct cables to use the serial in back, but the front works much better lately

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Several people have asked, yes. I use several networking programs with this port and all work correctly. I have the Scanner Screen software, it works. The old Proscan v7.0 works somewhat but same port. This software will not pick up the data that comes out of the rear port. I have a data nalyzer being a network engineer, so I have verified data out of the port.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The reason I asked was that I too had problems at first trying to get ARC Virtual Control to work with using the rear port. It only would do so if the rear port was set to 115200. Even though communications took place if 4800 (the default) was selected, ARC Virtual Control and the scanner wouldn't talk to each other until I selected 115200 on the rear port. (But then I had to be sure to revert back to 4800 for GPS purposes).

Also if I used Sentinel's Profile Editor, I had to be sure the appropriate baud rate was set for what I wanted to do (either GPS or Virtual Control). I found that if I selected 115200 on the scanner, but later wrote to the scanner using Sentinel, the settings were changed. It took me a little looking, thinking and a bad word or two, to figure that Sentinel was still set for 4800 on the baud rate.

These are really neat scanners and software (Sentinel and ARC), but there are many settings that have to be "just so", otherwise things won't go as good as I hoped.

chuck_e7

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I have had some programs that are unruly with RS232, RS488 in the past. I used to program concentrators and modems with serial ports. Too bad Microshaft doesn't see the benefit in serial ports anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.