ARC996 Software Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KARS

Feed Provider
Updated to the new pro version 1.0 and noticed a few things......if I click on Help, then About, nothing happens...I would expect to see a screen telling me about name/version etc. like most other programs.

Also using virtual control and logging, I monitor a conventional VHF freq with tone and over time the log records hits for both the freq and the freq w/Tone. I would have expected only to hear and record the freq w/tone. Want to make sure I understand the meaning of Tone/Lout - off/on if I only want to listen to the freq. w/Tone, should this be on or off (maybe a dumb question but the software and radio are new to me).

Thanks for the help.

KARS

Feed Provider
ARC 996 Software Issues

Gommert....thank you for the quick response.....u are correct shut down VC and "About" works fine.

Regarding "Detected Tones" if I understand correctly, your saying "No Tone" is a detected tone so it will log it! OK now that I know how it works, I'll give it a try.

When it logs it, does the radio squelch open and you can hear it? Haven't been able to test that yet! I really only want to hear the specific freq w/tone.

Last comment, any chance on a future version you could let the VC display be a little wider.....it would be nice to see the whole log screen display without having to scroll to the right.....

Thanks

Steve

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
The scanner has a subtone search mode, this is logged as 'SUB'. You can disable this in the log settings.
The Vc screen is fixed for 800x600 resolution. We may change this in a next release but the VC screen/buttons are all fixed size.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

FlashP

Audio recording

I just started trying to record some traffic, and noted two things:

The file names are sometimes incorrect; the freq/tone don't match reality, though the file does get put in the correct directory for the channel. Haven't seen enough to correlate it with any specific situation.

There's no option for "record based on recording flag". That's a big pain when you want to log only a small fraction of what's programmed. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Flash

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
FlashP said:
I just started trying to record some traffic, and noted two things:

The file names are sometimes incorrect; the freq/tone don't match reality, though the file does get put in the correct directory for the channel. Haven't seen enough to correlate it with any specific situation.

There's no option for "record based on recording flag". That's a big pain when you want to log only a small fraction of what's programmed. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks,
Flash

same thing happens with ARC396Pro.

FlashP

Recording - thanks!

Okay, I was afraid the flag issue was something like that... probably difficult to use the local database in real time.

Thanks,
Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.