Arizona Mutual Aid

btandtc

Would anyone have the Arizona Mutual Aid Pl. Tones for the Heliograph site in Graham County? Please see attachments. I also looking for Pl. Tones for Arizona State KAV270 Public Safety Pool 453.05000, 460.375000 and KOI249 460.35000 frequencies. I appreciate your time and help. Thanks

Attachments

• Arizona Interagency Radio System.png
    Arizona Interagency Radio System.png
    215.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Arizona Interoperations (Non-AIRS).png
    Arizona Interoperations (Non-AIRS).png
    343.2 KB · Views: 28

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I agree, they show CSQ.

However, the 8Call, 8TAC, VFire, VSAR, VMED channels are listed with 156.7Hz in the DHS IFOG guide. That doesn't mean that is used locally, just what the DHS recommendation is. I would go with whatever the locals use.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
And I’ll add I’m not local, just going by the attachments.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
By agreement, there should be no PL/CTCSS tones on Mutual Aid frequencies in Arizona.

Of course, there is always that one agency...

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
By agreement, there should be no PL/CTCSS tones on Mutual Aid frequencies in Arizona.

Of course, there is always that one agency...

From the DHS IFOG:

Default operation should be carrier squelch receive, CTCSS 156.7(5A) transmit. If the user can
enable/disable CTCSS without reprogramming the radio, the indicated CTCSS tone could also
be programmed for receive, and the user instructed how and when to enable/disable.

That would let users at high sites or noisy areas enable CTCSS on the RX side and not have to hear a lot of garbage.
Or, leave RX as CSQ and the can just deal with it if it happens.
User training is such a funky area to tread….

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I was referring to the AZDPS agreement with agencies within Arizona; exclusive of IFOG, the Feds, and Federal agencies. A SAR mission, a prison escapee, a plane crash, etc.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yeah, I was referring to the AZDPS agreement with agencies within Arizona; exclusive of IFOG, the Feds, and Federal agencies. A SAR mission, a prison escapee, a plane crash, etc.

I get it.
Hopefully they come around. The nice thing about the NIFOG standards are the 'standards'.
However, the old saying goes:

"The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from!"

avdrummerboy

Receive in AZ is pretty much universally CSQ, there may be some oddball dept. or two that uses PL tones for themselves, but by default the AIRS channels are receive CSQ and transmit different 5 PL tones. The Arizona Mutual Aid channel has been gone for years though some agency radios still have it in with a PL of 156.7 xmit.