Armed Subject Attempted to Breach FBI Office, Now Firing Shots in Clinton County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsoergel

Just because you didn't hear them doesn't mean they wasn't up in the air. I saw three different radio id's on marcs when the fbi was talking. 9400220 9400221 9400222. I copied some of what the others were saying and thee fbi did have at least one chopper or aircraft in the air. Can you not accept the fact the others are right and you are wrong!!!

I did find it; calm down - no need to be rude. Had to dig through my AirSpy recordings on the better antenna. It was KONA like I surmised above - turns out I had 123.025 locked out of my handheld (error on my part).

KONA 52 (N731CL) is the FBI Cessna based out of I69. Should have figured it out earlier because he uses CINCINNATI 500 when he does work with the field office. He was higher up in the stack than the other two, initially at 5500 and then down to 3000.

I did have some encrypted comms around noon in the 162-174 band, but didn’t write down the freq. There was another surveillance aircraft over Dayton and it could have well been him.

Last edited:

sopranosno1

Not being rude. I'm calm as ever. I been wrong plenty of times and will be plenty more. I try to be accurate much as possible but we are not always accurate or right all the time. There are others sometimes with more accurate or better equipment and in closer to the hot spots to catch the good stuff. You at first kept saying my money is on a drone not accepting people did hear fbi air traffic at the scene. Again not being rude. I have no problem with you. The vhf hiband for fbi I caught was 171.6875 and 170.8125. I think 170.8125 is a fairly new dayton area repeater.

jsoergel

Not being rude. I'm calm as ever. I been wrong plenty of times and will be plenty more. I try to be accurate much as possible but we are not always accurate or right all the time. There are others sometimes with more accurate or better equipment and in closer to the hot spots to catch the good stuff. You at first kept saying my money is on a drone not accepting people did hear fbi air traffic at the scene. Again not being rude. I have no problem with you. The vhf hiband for fbi I caught was 171.6875 and 170.8125. I think 170.8125 is a fairly new dayton area repeater.

I was mostly doubting because I had absolutely nothing on VHF - until figuring out 123.025 was locked out.

171.6875 might be a simplex freq, I have heard it before out of Cincinnati. Was the signal the same from 170.8125? The other aircraft (FLINT 111) was over Dayton at the same time and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was using that, even though I usually hear them working a DEA freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.