BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Audio issues with many NXDN & DMR xmissions

19-685

A few suggestions that have helped from an audio perspective with my 325P2 and 996P2.

For conventional systems, use a SYSTEM HOLD time of 2 seconds in the menu setting for the particular system.

Similarly, for trunked systems, use a SITE HOLD time of 2 seconds in the menu setting for the particular site.

Turn DIGITAL AGC to OFF for all digital systems in the menu settings for conventional system, trunked site, and talkgroups. This seems counterintuitive but the AGC (from my experience) contributes to the garbled/clipped audio.

I monitor a variety of DMR, NXDN, and P-25 systems (including simulcast) and these help from my experience. Your results may vastly differ.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber

Ubbe;​

That antenna is TV only. Like any antenna, it will receive other services if one is close enough. I can use a vertical 'stick' to receiver TV, but at a very reduced level if I wanted to. ;)
I would like to assume TV in Europe other than the frequencies being slightly different is horizontal also.

videobruce

Premium Subscriber

19-685;​

I haven't changed any of those settings including the delay time. I didn't know there was a 'Digital on/off', I'll have to find it wherever it is buried.
There is one thing I did notice, weak digital signals (on the fence) when they are received, will drop out (so to speak) then I just hear the signal in analog mode which is very weak. If it was a normal analog signal I probably could/would understand the audio.

Ok, I scrolled thru the 'Settings' and found neither. :unsure:

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
The AGC is a System setting not a global setting. It is under Edit System Options and then Set Audio AGC.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Maybe you should try looking in the system as I suggested.

MENU
PROGRAM SYSTEM - choose your system and hit enter
EDIT SYS OPTION
SET AUDIO AGC

videobruce

Premium Subscriber
Digital AGC was off. It must be the default since I don't believe I was ever in that Menu. Analog was on.