Aurora/ Trunktracker 2 300

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davemnn

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program Aurora in this scanner. I have put the trunk freq in correct and have double checked them. When I try to put a sub-group for example the disp channel I get a error message. Is this scanner unable to handle the Aurora system is there something I am missing ?? I have Den Public safety in the scanner right now and I have had no problems with it. Any thoughts or tips would be appericated.
Dave Hanna

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
There are several incarnations of the uniden "Trunktracker II" series. Knowing the specific uniden model will make it easier for folks to identify possible problems you are encountering.

Usually if you get errors in entering talkgroups in scanlists it's either a mismatched setting with AFS or Decimal. Other possibilities include being set in the wrong trunking mode like being in motorola system mode versus EDACS. Another common mistake is not having all the frequencies in the bank setup as trunked.

Phil.

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
Since you indicated "Trunktracker 2 300" in your subject line, I'm guessing you have a BC-245. You are entering the talk group id's in the scan lists, and not the frequency area, right? I know some Unidens will convert the entry from AFS to Decimal, and vice versa, if you enter in a different format from what your radio is set to. Let us know more.

Davemnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora & Uniden

The serial # is 95002016 and I found the box it is a BC 245XLT I have tried the decemial and the regular in-put way. I have had Den publc safety in it for a long time W/ no problem. Thx's for the help gents.
Dave H..

N0GTG

Scanner programmer since 1997
Premium Subscriber
When you entered the frequencies, did you FIRST enter the trunk programming mode by pressing and holding the TRUNK button until you hear a double beep? (I'm assuming you are programming by hand, not using software). If not, the radio will not recognize the freqs as a trunking system, and therefore, will reject any talk group entries.

Davemnn

Premium Subscriber
Aurora Uniden

may start over I must have misses something. Thx's for the help guys.
Dave H
MNN005

Status
Not open for further replies.