Automated dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Listening to Newark FD Dispatch (154.130) last week I heard an automated dispatch go out for a fire at ??? Washington St. followed by a human voice saying "test". Heard it only once and nothing since.

NFI

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Listening to Newark FD Dispatch (154.130) last week I heard an automated dispatch go out for a fire at ??? Washington St. followed by a human voice saying "test". Heard it only once and nothing since.

NFI

Imagine that...actually understanding the dispatchers for newark fire. What a treat that will be!

Moose

I hear ya. Sometimes they talk so fast that despite my having a recording of a transmission
and repeatedly playing it back I still can't understand what is said. I think all dispatchers
should sound like they do in California, clean and crisp.

npd155

Washington St. is where Police / Fire communications is located. The fire department has been installing and testing the automated system for a few months. Soon when you call 911, the dispatcher will enter the information into the cad and the automated voice will dispatch the units on the radio and in the fire houses. (I forgot what the systems is called but it was talked about here ...do a search)

sc800

Are you talking about "Dispatch Debbie?" The one that sounds like a NOAA weather radio?

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Washington St. is where Police / Fire communications is located. The fire department has been installing and testing the automated system for a few months. Soon when you call 911, the dispatcher will enter the information into the cad and the automated voice will dispatch the units on the radio and in the fire houses. (I forgot what the systems is called but it was talked about here ...do a search)

I believe Dallas Fire uses this....

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I believe Dallas Fire uses this....
Dallas & Plano both use an automated dispatch "voice" for fire, as does Fort Worth. I understand Houston does as well. Apparently, and this may in part due to the way Dallas tried to upgrade their CAD system on the cheap. the stations actually get the runs 20-30 seconds, or more, before 'Debbie' clears her throat & starts the announcement. In many cases, I hear them checking enroute, on the response channels, while she's still butchering street name pronunciations on the initial announcement. Evidently, no one has the interest or talent to correct some of the worst ones. I believe I read elsewhere that the vendor for system was named Locution (could be wrong, not positive).

npd155

It's called LOCUTION SYSTEMS...i looked it up. They have a web site to if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.