AutoMove

Status
Not open for further replies.

af6bz

Just bought a 600 & 800 - like the 600 jury is still out on the 800....

The AutoMove feature on the 600 really appeals to me...but, does it actually "MOVE" the channels within the system?

Meaning, after monitoring for several hours/days/weeks will it move the frequencies to the correct LCNs? This would be helpful so that I could then later publish the new system and import in the 800.

GrumpyGuard

The Auto move places the frequencies in the correct order in the radio. If the LCN is using channels 00, 03,04,05,07,10,14 it will place the correct frequency into the correct channel. It gets it's information from the control channel and will auto move the frequencies almost immediately. It is a great feature.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
When I first got my first 500 & 600 scanners I was somewhat sceptical of the `move option' and I tested it using an LTR system I had already figured out the LCN for by loading it into both units quite scrabbled up LCN-wise. In my case it was a system that mainly only saw a lot of use only during the daytime and even then not all the freqs might not actually be used. (It was a REA cooperative and for the most part it was mainly used by the meter readers and the occasional field crew or two. About the only times I have seen all of the freqs in use have been when we've had a *major* outage and even then they can be remarkably quiet.) To my amazement, and `joy', at the end of just a week the scanner had arranged all the freqs in the proper order. (I'll admit that I really didn't check to see if it had re-arrange things during that week as I really didn't have any pressing reasons, like an outage or calls from the SO or FD for them to come out and replace a pole or re-string a line, and basicly just let the scanners just run.)

Any way... Yep! It *does* work! It's a heck of a lot easier than the other ways we have firgured out LTR system LCNs!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.