• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Bad transmit audio using 1 Head Dual Deck with 1x NX5700 - NX5800

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks4ec

My company just purchased a bunch of NX 3000 and NX 5000 radios. These are brand new, with the latest firmware updates. I have a single deck in my office (5800), and a dual deck (5700 - 5800) in my vehicle as well as a portable. These 3 all are all set up for Commercial NXDN, and Ham Analog and DMR and have the same problem as a friend of mine with the same setup in his vehicle.

Basically I get reports of audio intelligibility problems, some of the more technical people report it sounding like the Vocoder is dropping our form milliseconds at a time during a transmission resulting in parts of words being chopped out. We have tested with a few different DMR repeaters, all Motorola repeaters of different vintages. The receiving stations have been mostly Motorola radios, but someone with a TYT MD380 reported the same thing. This is happening on the 5800 deck, I don't have a VHF DMR repeater programmed in the 5700 deck yet to test that.

Just for giggles, I turned on my TYT and Quantun and talked over them and it was perfectly intelligible, then back to the Kenwood radios and got the same reports of bad audio.

A friend of mine has the same setup in his vehicle and I have noticed the same issue on his but I just thought it was something in his mobile environment, but now I am not so sure.

BTW all of the radios were programmed by the same Kenwood Dealer shop and are licensed with the same features, Wide Band (for amateur), Analog, NXDN ,DMR, Front Panel Programable.

Any ideas from the Kenwood Guru's???

ks4ec

I believe NXDN is fine, The office will be open tomorrow so there will be a lot of radio traffic to test it with.
I'll have the shop check that setting in the morning. It will be another week or so before I get the programming software and cable.

Thanks - I'll report back the findings.

Rob

ks4ec

Wow, sorry, I messed up the title and it wont let me change it now, It is 1 Head, Dual Deck

n7maq-1

Premium Subscriber
1. As KD4EFM said, be sure the Overt-The-Air Alias is off, if it is on now then that is most likely your issue.

2. Is your mic a KMC-65, KMC-35 or something else? You want the KMC-65, some of the KMC-35’s had issues with TDMA.

3. Check your audio profile to be sure the mic setting is correct.

4. The NX-5x00’s are very flexible in the digital audio settings and sometimes it is beneficial to try the different audio profiles, you can do that from the menu if you program the radio for it. In my work rig that is quiet I have the AGC and noise suppression set so it is not “aggressive” .

Jim

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
So, We finally found the problem!!!, We had the signaling type set to "FleetSync"
When we changed it to MDC-1200 is solved the problem.!! Thanks for everyone's help.

Rob
So an analog signalling option was affecting digital audio? That's bizarre. Good catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.