BAFD Retires E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Just heard BAFD Dispatcher say that E3 got their last alarm and on behalf of the cizens of Broken Arrow thanks for the 28 and 1/2 years of service to it's citzens and thank you and it's 14:08 hours...

P.J.

KK5FM

They should do like Oklahoma City, and convince the citizens that their fire department is underfunded... get a tax hike... and then never drive a fire truck over three years old...

okcrescue

Just to let you know, Oklahoma City FD has several frontline engines that are over 11 years old, but they have a lot of nice new equipment also.

OkRob

Uhhh... that was a captain that works on E3 retiring, not E3. He was retiring after 28 years on the department. E3 still has a few more runs in it. And by the way, E3 is nowhere near 28 years old. :)

- Rob

Chaos703

You're not talking about Clark Bolding are you? I think his designator is FD3 which is very similar to E3. As far as I know, he's an assistant chief, not captain.

He's my wife's uncle, so I assume I would have heard if he was hanging up his hose.

OkRob

Nope, was not Clark. It was one of the Engine 3 captains.

- Rob

KK5FM

okcrescue said:
Just to let you know, Oklahoma City FD has several frontline engines that are over 11 years old, but they have a lot of nice new equipment also.
Do you know specifically which ones have not been replaced? I gotta say, I like the siren on the new ones. They sound like a fire truck, instead of an ambulance.

okcrescue

Yeah I think E14 and E13 for sure, I believe several others, but dont recall. The new american lefrance teleboom's do have neat sirens, althoough all the new E-Ones have same ol, same ol.

freqscout

The Region 8 Response Hazmat Truck that OCFD has now is pretty dang cool. All white and well equipped light wise. There was some sort of spinning round box on the front that was the air horn/siren i guess...it looked scarrrry loud. Ooooohhh Aaaaaahh!

Didn't get to look on the inside of the truck for ore than a brief second but it looked well equipped radio wise since it is the Hazmat Truck for the entire metro area as laid out in the response region map by Olahoma Office of Emergency Management. The truck is operated as Hazmat 55, I believe, as that is what is on the label in the corner of the windshield as well as what looked like a city vehicle number. The odd thing that most OKC area people will note is that the rig is all white with about an 8" stripe all around the rig instead of the all red typical of OKC.

Oh and the other thing....purchased with Federal grant money and there is one in every response region....pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.