Baltimore City Fire archives

DualReverse

Premium Subscriber
So I went to listen to the fire from Saturday across from Steadman Station, and found the archives have been deleted or are unavailable? I understand Broadcastify is just the platform and that each feed provider is independent, but wondering why audio from a specific incident would get axed?

jasonk

Feed Provider
The feed was offline for several days leading up to the fire. No conspiracy ...

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner, RRDB & Google-fu ninja 4 hire
Premium Subscriber
Broadcastify Help Center: Why is a feed offline?

Broadcastify feeds can go offline for a variety of reasons, including:
  • Computer or internet problems
    The volunteer who provides the feed may be experiencing issues with their computer or internet connection.

• Network congestion
    There may be network congestion or a network problem between the volunteer's computer and Broadcastify's audio server.

• Feed owner issues
    The feed owner may be experiencing issues with their ISP, modem, router, or ports.

• Volunteer no longer providing audio
    The volunteer may have stopped providing audio for the feed, or may no longer be able to do so. This could be due to moving out of the area, or their computer or scanner radio dying.
If a feed is offline, Broadcastify will send an email to the broadcaster after 15 minutes, 6 hours, 24 hours, 7 days, and 14 days. If the feed remains offline for 21 days, it will be automatically removed from the system.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So I went to listen to the fire from Saturday across from Steadman Station, and found the archives have been deleted or are unavailable? I understand Broadcastify is just the platform and that each feed provider is independent, but wondering why audio from a specific incident would get axed?

Broadcastify doesn't "axe" feed archives, if one can't find the audio that is the first thing they say. It just doesn't happen.