Bamfeild Bc

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hey everyone, I am heading to Bamfeild B.C. on the island in Mid July.

I will be bringing my 500 with me, and wondered if anyone knew any good frequency's to program before I go. IE: Coast guard, Military, Police, Fire or otherwise. Ill have a dig through the database but its always nice to hear what people are familiars with.

I land in Comox if that helps then drive 3 hours to Bamfeild.

BC_Scan

Comox military has multiple freq's in use
149.15 Tower
149.35 Fire
149.65 Mil Police

lots of uhf tower stuff (also on am) main is 126.2
Rcmp is all 139-143. (MAin is 140.400)
Comox fire is 155.88
Ambulance is 142.395
Marine band search all pre-programmed in 500
Bamfield fire 169.74
Parks Canada operate pac rim nat park 163.14 + 150.845 + 167.07
just take all the freq's listed in database, take an external ant, for road trip, built in is useless in mountainous terrain that is beautiful bc. many repeaters are far apart over there so makes listening with an external ant a must,

HDMechanic

Toad I have the frequncie books for BC. Text me when you see this and i will get them to you. Also i can send you files from my trip down to the coast.

ecommfan

Your probably going to hear most traffic in bamfield on the marine bands . No RCMP or ambulance based in Bamfield there is a Red Cross station . Coast Guard station can be very active its also home to the RHIOT school unfortunatly classes don't run in the summer . DFO is active search 143 mhz for repeater outputs . 3 hours might be a little optimistic for travel from Comox to Bamfield . Treat the logging road from Pt Alberni to Bamfield with respect . Big fast moving trucks and narrow gravel roads . Nice spot have fun .

SCPD

QRT
I think Ill take my pro-97 im' afraid of hurting my gre500 on vacation. I don't think i'm going to run into much digital anyway.

Thank you all for letting me know whats happening.

HDMechanic

Toad here is some RCMP channel info for your trip.
140.40000 RCMP RPTR A CORTEANY/COMOX ???
140.37000 RCMP RPTR B
140.31000 RCMP RPTR C
141.09000 RCMP RPTR D OCEANSIDE DETACHMENT PARKSVILLE/QUALICUM. Covers form Fannybay to north Nannimo. Hiway Patrol covers this area big time from Parksville.
140.58000 RCMP RPTR E
140.79000 RCMP RPTR F PORT ALBERNI. Coverage starts at Cameron Lake on hyw 4. This RPTR coves Bamfield as well. Port Alberni RCMP detachment response to incident in this area. Very busy detachment.
140.28000 RCMP RPTR G Nannimo City. Busy detachment as well
140.04000 RCMP RPTR H
Hope you get this info brfore your trip. I use to live on the island and now many of the members out their. Have fun.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Can't speak to Bamfield, but just got back from trip to Victoria. Haven't had time to compile all the frequencies that I heard on the way to Vicotoria, in Victoria and back. From Kamloops to Merritt did see a RCMP radar set up, then heard them being dispatched to a dangerously parked car on a bridge just out of Merritt. RCMP car said they would pack up and head to the potentially dangerous situation. Just about that time I came across the car that had stopped on the outside lane on a bridge [no parking lane available]. Luckily there wasn't much traffic so was able to change lanes. Did try to warn some fast travelling cars about the problem ahead. The frequency was 139.53 analog. That was about all the frequencies I heard on the trip through BC. Must admit I wasn't really doing much scanning. A quick review of the BC Database seems to point one toward the frequencies I heard [both digital and analog]. Did hear a lot of police activity in the 453.25 range but not certain if this was BC or US dispatch. I set my 396 to Search and Store, then scanned these stored frequencies. Some were birdies, but did store a number of digital and analog frequencies. More activity on some of the HAM bands then I hear in Calgary. Not sure if any in the Bamfield area however. Lots of action on various Marine VHF frequencies. Good luck.

HDMechanic

robertmac
have lots of info on BC rcmp frequncies and who uses them on the trans Canada highway. My scanner never misses and RCMP call. If your are intrested I can PM you the info I have. Lots of fire and amulance to.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
HDMechanic, if it is no problem, please PM them. Then I can compare to what I had, what the sanner picked up so I can add them to my freq. list. I will probably be making more trips to Victoria so would be nice to these frequencies. Thanks.

HDMechanic

Already in the BC database but I have taged them to which detachment uses the frequncies. Also have some extra info where you can hear RCMP further with second RPTRs.
robertmac: I will send them to you by sunday evening. I had a busy last couple of days that eneded up making me work late. I am also heading out camping for the weekend but will be home in time on sun to work on them to send them to you. I also have all the info for you for CREST system in victoria and for the wars system in Van. I will try and send you the files for the 396 but dont have anyway to zip them.

Status
Not open for further replies.