bank types ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disobvious

Was wondering if i can put some of these systems in the same and still get everything:

Horry County Public Safety Motorola Type II Smartnet Myrtle Beach

Myrtle Beach Communications Motorola Type IIi Hybrid Surfside Beach

Myrtle Beach Public Safety Motorola Type II Smartnet Myrtle Beach

North Myrtle Beach Public Safety Motorola Type II Smartnet North Myrtle Beach

Palmetto 800 (Formerly SCANA) Motorola Type II SmartZone Various

South Carolina Public Service Authority Motorola Type II SmartZone Various

Waccamaw Wireless, LLC Motorola Type IIi Hybrid Myrtle Beach

Do I have to keep the different types in differnt banks (pro-97) if so - can I put 2 differnt systems of the same type in one bank?

mciupa

Canadian Database Admin
disobvious said:
Do I have to keep the different types in differnt banks (pro-97) if so - can I put 2 differnt systems of the same type in one bank?

I would say yes for different banks for the ones that are located close to one another.
Reason being your scanner will detect the strongest control channel and stay with it and spit out the tg's for that system.

I know what you are getting at ..., as a space-saving idea , I have put two systems that are far apart geographically in one bank in my handheld. I use Trunk Search mode and don't bother with scan lists for those systems.
I didn't check the listed systems and don't know your locale that well , so you would have to determine which systems could co-exist in one bank.

Good Luck. :)

Al42

mciupa, you're confusing Uniden with GRE. A GRE scanner, like the 97, can have multiple Motorola systems in one bank, as long as each system's control channels are separated from the next system's control channels by one channel of a conventional (FM) frequency. It's been shown that the scanner will track all the systems that way.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The problems arise when you have talkgroups with the same TG number, you could have a different TG ID on the display.

I would set them up as seperate banks.

BTW, the NMB system is no longer in service. I remember the 1st day it went on the air :)

disobvious

thanks

Obviously I just got started in the whole scanner "hobby". I spend a lot of time on the road in the Mbeach area so I thought it would be more interesting than listening to the car stereo. The second day I had the scanner on the road I got to listen in to the chase of a gold mustang through Surfside, (had 20+ police cars on it) and ended up getting to the scene right after the guy wrecked, (I got a great pic of it), needless to say I was hooked then. I got win97 and downloaded the areas stuff into the scanner and have been really suprised at how much is going on around here. I have just started messing around with trying to move channels and talkgroups and id's around to try and pick up more. I just want to be sure I am getting everything I can you know.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
You can scan mutltiple systems in a single bank.

I have a Myrtle Beach file for the PRO-97. PM me.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.