Bannock County Idaho

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandynmm

Premium Subscriber
Bannock County and ISP will be encrypting their entire radio system in the next few months.

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
When you say Bannock and ISP, I'm guessing ISP only in that county or state wide on ICAWIN. I ask because there are some counties that ISP still is analog because of coverage and terrain issues and wont see 700MHz any time soon.

To quote someone who was asked their opinion when 700MHz was first discussed and how great it works in southern Idaho. "Just how many mountain tops do you plan on setting up in north Idaho? Last I heard CDA was told 8 sites would meet the coverage needs for Kootenai County. Last number I heard is they are up to 24 sites and are close to the promised coverage. But I digress.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
ISP Tactical talk groups have been encrypted for some time. We'll see if they actually encrypt the dispatch TGs. ISP has been simulcasting disipatch on both 700MHz and UHF in eastern and southeastern Idaho.

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
ISP has just recently started encrypting the Admin(where they run info) channel TG 46303 here in SW Idaho(ISP D3). Its partially encrypted where you can still monitor dispatch but all the mobile units transmissions are encrypted

merlin

I am in Bannock county. ISP, county sheriff, county fire/EMS/local city PD all on one 774 Mhz system.
450 is dead as a doornail.
I think one conventional channel for PW. (??)
several cities (Chubbock etc) have some fire fallback on VHF.
So far, the P25 system is not encrypted but see it coming.

Last edited:

jrtl92

Premium Subscriber
I am in Bannock county. ISP, county sheriff, county fire/EMS/local city PD all on one 774 Mhz system.
450 is dead as a doornail.
I think one conventional channel for PW. (??)
several cities (Chubbock etc) have some fire fallback on VHF.
So far, the P25 system is not encrypted but see it coming.

Been the same case here in SW Idaho, Ada/Canyon/Owyhee counties since about 2009. I still get nostalgic when I see my old Pro-2051 which now sits in the closet. I wont lie...my BCD996P2 is pretty awesome, but P25 will never hold a candle to the old analog conventional systems with all their unique sounds and voter clicks, etc

Only fix for that would be a time machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.