• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng Baofeng BF-888S "PRO" new version programming

No5

Hello

I recently purchased a few of the new model 888S PRO, which appears to be almost identical to the original 888S however it has wireless frequency copy and firmware is not readable through Chirp or the BF480 software, I can read/write using the "888S PC Software" however cannot change any frequency or other settings without it appearing to corrupt the radio firmware and make the radios unstable/unsaleable.

They work fine out of the box on all of the factory test channels. It is a UHF radio (advertised as 400-470) but when reading original it comes back with it being "model" Freq range VHF2 [245-246Mhz], if you then try to change any of the existing UHF frequencies they just default to 245, if you change the freq range (model) itself and flash radio they don't appear to transmit at all anymore.

There is a "setting.ini" file inside the 888S folder that contains the frequency spreads however changing those values does nothing useful and simply change the figures listed in the program.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this model and possible software I could try to use with it?

Attachments

• Screenshot (116).png
    Screenshot (116).png
    394.9 KB · Views: 28

inside4rom

Why not check this sftware ? :

p.s. plz make backup memory before anything and send me dump here.

chevy2racr

as i just found your post trying to work on the same radio i discovered in CHIRP select a BF-V8A radio and it will program correctly if you hadn't figured it out yet.

G6LRY

as i just found your post trying to work on the same radio i discovered in CHIRP select a BF-V8A radio and it will program correctly if you hadn't figured it out yet.
Hi, been trying to programme new varient BF888s radios - running into the same problems. tried your suggestion works a treat have successfully loaded 7 uhf OFCOM licenced frequencies in UK. Cheers, 73 de G6LRY