• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Baofeng Baofeng UV-K6 programming software

MaxDonoghue

Picked one of these up off AliExpress for $29. Can't seem to find any programming software for it. Tried the Quansheng UV-K6 software but it didn't recognize the radio. Anyone using one?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-08-01 at 11.02.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-08-01 at 11.02.20 AM.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 9

MaxDonoghue

I've downloaded the latest version of Chirp, the Baofeng UV-K6 is not listed. I tried Quansheng UV-K6 and no go. I tried every radio listed under Baofeng and nothing. It did work fine with my Tidradio TD-H3 so I know the cable is good.

merlin

If you can get Chirp to work, it is popular.
Your radio is Baofeng, different fimware than Quansheng. Try Baofeng software.
I never could get Chirp to work with either radio.
Maybe select UV-5R from the list and see if it connects.

gringoing

Hello, I have made success in the programming of my UV-K6!

Out of curiosity, I messaged the seller on AliExpress asking for the CPS if they had it available. The reached out with a rar file (which I reluctantly ran) but it has worked flawlessly. If you would like, I can upload it to my dropbox and share a link.

Good luck.

-Austin

chuck55

Hey Austin
I also have one of the Baofeng UV-k6 and need the software. If you could upload it I would appreciate it.
TIA
Chuck

gringoing

Baofeng UV-K6 CPS

Please find the link to the install rar file above. It will take you to a DropBox. The file install wizard is all in Chinese but the final software is in English. Use Port 6 for connecting to your radio via USB. Good luck and if you have questions, reach out and I'll answer the best I can.

-Austin

chuck55

Hey,
Thank you so much, I was able to download it. I need to move it to a windows machine and will then try it out.
Chuck

K7HAD

Premium Subscriber
The manufacturers software is now available from their support website. Don’t be to surprised by its featureless design. Copy/paste functions not available. Software will also not allow programming of air band frequencies. Air band frequency programming can be accomplished though the keypad but is anything but effortless. When programming from keypad you cannot overwrite an existing channel, you must delete it’s contents first before the radio will allow you to write to that channel. Hope my comments help someone make a better decision.