Barecat instead of Bearcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I went to change the startup screen on my new SDS200 and noticed it read Barecat instead of Bearcat. Pretty funny! I did a search and saw some threads about this in 2015. I get my SDS100 tomorrow, I can’t wait to see what the startup screen on that one says!

MStep

I went to change the startup screen on my new SDS200 and noticed it read Barecat instead of Bearcat. Pretty funny! I did a search and saw some threads about this in 2015. I get my SDS100 tomorrow, I can’t wait to see what the startup screen on that one says!

Instead of you playing with the radio, maybe the radio is giving you a hint it wants to play with you !!!

MStep

I tried to edit that last message to give you a little more insight, but I exceeded my 30 minute time limit. So let me finish that tale.

Here's a good story for the Uniden "Tavern"

I guess your new radio is in a playful mood. I remember when the "company" I worked for went from manual to computerized operations, we had files of thousands and thousands of street names. Somehow, the programmers had not yet "locked down" all the available inputs. So I did a little "test" prior to the system going live, and changed "Bayard Street" in Brooklyn NYC to "Barnyard" Street. They eventually caught up with the error and fixed it but.....

Several years later, at a retirement party, we were all talking and laughing about past incidents and experiences that we shared on the job, and I "fessed up" to my little prank and wow, all the programmers got a great laugh. And then one of the programmers pulled me aside, gave me a double-thumbs up, and happily told me "I made more than a little overtime on that one. Thanks".

Not to say there was any mischievous behavior in your case, but it has been known to happen. Sometimes folks get a little bored and slip these little things in there to make the boss crazy. It makes the world interesting. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.