Basic question on ARC125 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlevin77

Premium Subscriber
I just got the (paid) version of the ARC125 software for my Uniden BC125AT. Everything works and I've imported frequencies by connecting it to the RadioReference database, but I'm wondering

1) each bank seems to hold 50 entries; what happens when the database finds more than 50 frequencies for a given region, and you try to import them into a bank - does it just use the first 50 and ignore the rest?

2) for some regions, like Maine, it lists a "Statewide" category under the County dropdown menu, but when I select it, ConventionalFrequencies and Agencies buttons are grayed out and nothing shows in Data tab. What am I missing - how to use the Statewide option if I don't want to restrict to one county?

captclint

Mentor
It would help greatly if you would go into your User CP (found in the blue toolbar under the thread title) then click on Edit Your Details in the left frame. Put in your county/state. This will help narrow down your responses to those folks that are in your general neck of the woods In this case, we could see what your download screen looks like for your state which might help us answer your questions. However, I think if you select green agencies button 1st, and don't select any county, the drop downs should give you the statewide frequencies

Last edited:

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
1) The software will import the first 50 frequencies that you selected. Below the right pane you see a counter showing the number of frequencies selected for import.

2) Statewide is for trunk systems, because the BC125 does not support trunking it will not show any systems when statewide is selected.

Gommert
Butel Software

mlevin77

Premium Subscriber
Aha, cool - thanks. Oddly, when I scan (on the device itself), for some reason it seems to be missing Bank1 entirely - I only see it switching among Bank2 and Bank3. I'll keep reading the manual to see if I can figure it out but if it's something tricky, hopefully someone will enlighten me.

captclint

Mentor
Aha, cool - thanks. Oddly, when I scan (on the device itself), for some reason it seems to be missing Bank1 entirely - I only see it switching among Bank2 and Bank3. I'll keep reading the manual to see if I can figure it out but if it's something tricky, hopefully someone will enlighten me.
I trust you know this, but hitting "1" while scanning will turn on/off bank 1

Status
Not open for further replies.