Batesville Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
No problemo. Hey Mark, Entergy in an BC15???? Do they even still use the analog in AR anymore? I know in MS, and part of LA and TX, they still have some of the analog systems up, but are rapidly moving to the P25 system. They started in AR with the transition as that after all is home for them. HQ is in Little Rock. And C-130's? Anyone actually still flying them other than for training and as Puff the Magic Dragon roles? I thought everyone had fully transitioned to the C-141's and C-17's.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
No problemo. Hey Mark, Entergy in an BC15???? Do they even still use the analog in AR anymore? I know in MS, and part of LA and TX, they still have some of the analog systems up, but are rapidly moving to the P25 system. They started in AR with the transition as that after all is home for them. HQ is in Little Rock. And C-130's? Anyone actually still flying them other than for training and as Puff the Magic Dragon roles? I thought everyone had fully transitioned to the C-141's and C-17's.

Haha, well admittedly I haven't listened to the Entergy system in awhile. For all I know it's offline here now. I do know a year or so ago I listened during a couple of ice storms. OK, well "a year ago" would have been summer so probably 18 or so months ago now...time flies...

And, they may not officially be C130's but that is what they say on the unicom channel: "Batesville traffic, Batesville traffic, aero flight of 2 (or 3 or 1 or however many) C130's will be traversing your air space from the west to the east at the north side of the field, any local traffic please advise ... Batesville traffic." Of course, it is training flights from LRAFB that have a regular route up this way so maybe they really are 130's...? Hey, I just report what I hear, milf! :D

wbswetnam

Yes SO as well as ASP can do LEA activity in city limits as needed etc. BPD is VI pretty much full time. And I'm not sure if they will use full encryption on the digital once they switch.

If the BPD does decide to encrypt their NXDN signals when their Kenwood radios come in, then they'll be the first LE agency I've yet heard of in the state which encrypts their non-P25 system. As I write this I'm listening to Cleburne County SO pursue a suspect vehicle and talking to each other on their unencrypted DMR / MotoTurbo dispatch frequency. *grinning*

btritch

If the BPD does decide to encrypt their NXDN signals when their Kenwood radios come in, then they'll be the first LE agency I've yet heard of in the state which encrypts their non-P25 system. As I write this I'm listening to Cleburne County SO pursue a suspect vehicle and talking to each other on their unencrypted DMR / MotoTurbo dispatch frequency. *grinning*

Greene County Sheriff's Department is Non Trunked UHF NXDN and it is indeed encrypted.

Status
Not open for further replies.