Bayflight Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

clawhammer

Hey guys hope someone can help me out with this but the last few nights I been listening bayflight frequency on 150.860 but have not heard them in while and I'm hearing what sounds like park rangers. they were watching these guys to see if they take out anymore deers. the accent does not sound like they are from Florida but maybe somewhere around Georgia or Alabama, can anyone else ID them. my location is 30mi north of Tampa.

FLRAILMAN

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Bayflight is listed in the RR Florida medavac database as using that frequency: 150.86 MHz, however they have no FCC license for it. I checked the FCC database for that frequency in: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi & Lousiana & nothing came up even remotely connected to any type of official agency. I programmed it into one of my scanners & if I hear anything I'll let you know.

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Home Page

FLRAILMAN

clawhammer

Bayflight is listed in the RR Florida medavac database as using that frequency: 150.86 MHz, however they have no FCC license for it. I checked the FCC database for that frequency in: Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi & Lousiana & nothing came up even remotely connected to any type of official agency. I programmed it into one of my scanners & if I hear anything I'll let you know.

FLRAILMAN
OK thanks, any help will be greatful just trying to find out who these guys are using this freqency.

FLA2760

I am in Hernando County, FL and I hear bayflight all the time on the Hernando County trunked system. Their tag is EMS AIR OPS. Go to the database for your county and check. The Hernando County system is 800 MHz.

Last edited:

clawhammer

Bayflight

I am in Hernando County, FL and I hear bayflight all the time on the Hernando County trunked system. Their tag is EMS AIR OPS. Go to the database for your county and check. The Hernando County system is 800 MHz.
Yes I understand that Hernando Co uses the 800 system for bayflight I was trying to find out who these (unid) guys were using this frequency. although I am just a bit to far south to receive the Hernando co system, only on some nights I can receive them here in south eastern pasco county. may have to go up another 30-40ft on my tower.

clawhammer

More on bayflight frequency

FLRAILMAN
Hello FLRAILMAN, I heard these guys again this morning on 150.860 and this time I got PL tone from them. they are using 127.3PL they were a bit weak this morning but was able to catch some traffic from them. the guy was askinging where he is at now and he said he was coming down 575 so I'll have to check my map and see where he was located at.

FLRAILMAN

Banned
More on Bayflite frequency

I've been monitoring that frequency everyday nonstop since we last talked & nothing, last night my grandson who through me is severly bitten by the scanner bug, well to get him out of everybodys hair I set him up with the task of listening to one my scanners with instructions to call me if he hears anything on that frequency, as a good soldier he fixates on the scanner, lo & behold later on, I hear some radio chatter & just as I enter my office it stops, of course all he could remember is that whoever was communcating had deep southern accents, that along with your I-575 reference got me to thinking & this may start getting us closer to solving this mystery.

Interstate 575 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Keep in touch & with luck in about a thousand years we will have this all wrapped up. Without the danger of getting caught by the RR crossposting police, maybe you can put a small sidebar blurb about this on the Georgia Forum & see what comes up.

FLRAILMAN

clawhammer

I think we have it

I've been monitoring that frequency everyday nonstop since we last talked & nothing, last night my grandson who through me is severly bitten by the scanner bug, well to get him out of everybodys hair I set him up with the task of listening to one my scanners with instructions to call me if he hears anything on that frequency, as a good soldier he fixates on the scanner, lo & behold later on, I hear some radio chatter & just as I enter my office it stops, of course all he could remember is that whoever was communcating had deep southern accents, that along with your I-575 reference got me to thinking & this may start getting us closer to solving this mystery.

Keep in touch & with luck in about a thousand years we will have this all wrapped up. Without the danger of getting caught by the RR crossposting police, maybe you can put a small sidebar blurb about this on the Georgia Forum & see what comes up.

FLRAILMAN
Ok I think we have it pinned down, when the one guy said he going down 575 it got me thinking some more so I grab my Florida atlas & Gazetteer book and 575 is located in Sumter county just north of the Withlacoochee State Forest near Pine Island and Hog Island. From Gainesville north Take I-75 south and exit onto 476 and that will lead you right to 575 so I think we have this solved on the location part.

Allen
Zephyrhills,Fl

rmiller818

FLRAILMAN

I live near I-575, it is north of Atlanta, I would highly doubt you would be able to hear something from up here in Florida. Plus we have Rescue Air and Emory Flight for medevac up here.

Must be a county or state route in Florida.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Short Range Propagation On VHF

The past few days have had unique atmospheric conditions up and down the state and I have heard some VHF signals that would normally be out of range for me. The signals I was hearing were most likely caused by tropospheric ducting which can extend VHF signals from 60 miles on out to over 200 miles.

A lot of ham operators get excited during these conditions as DX (distant contacts) on the 2 meter/VHF band is usually hard to come by. I have worked a station in Cuba on 2 meters not too long ago. There was a nice band opening that weekend and you could see the opening shown on a map that you can find on the web.

Check out this website and it will show you graphically what I am referring to. If you look at Florida, you will see a small section of mid-state that currently has a band openning as of 4:45 est.
VHF Propagation Map

Enjoy the new frequency and if you have the time, explore around on the VHF & 2 meter band when you see an opening on the propagation map I listed.

73 de KI4VBR
Vince - Palm Harbor, FL

FLRAILMAN

Banned
I think we have it.

Allen, If it's in Florida, It has to be County Route 575 A/K/A Burwell Rd. I've checked all available frequency databases for Withlacoochee State Park & Florida Dept. of Parks & Recreation & came up with zip. Vincent & Miller818, thanks for your input, gives me something a little more to work on.

Scanner Frequencies

Welcome to PerCon Corp.com

SCANNER FREQUENCIES - Online Database - Find Scanner Frequencies In Your Area

Allen, these sites confirm your discovery.

Withlacoochee State Forest, a Florida State Park near Brooksville, Clermont, Ridge Manor, Zephyrhills

Florida @ SouthEastRoads - Florida 50 Westbound (Lake County to Brooksville)

FLRAILMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.