BC246T Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
My 246 scans with no audio. I even reset the scanner and put local frequencies back in and still won't work. Any help is appreciative. Thanks

kellykeeton

turn it on and press hold and enter a frequency you know something is on (ie Wx or FRS) and pres hold, mess with the squelch and plug in a headphone to see if your speaker is wacky

ie Hold, 462.5625 (frs ch1), hold

mess with stuff.

kellykeeton

so you might have programming wrong, did you use software to program them? are you locked out anywhere? are you trunking? if so do you have all the channels programmed or have the system in control channel only mode?

captclint

Mentor
The search mode for CTCSS / DCS does'nt work at all.
Did it work properly at some point in the past? Does it search without finding a tone, or does it not search at all when it receives a signal for 2-3 sec? I assume you realize that it will just keep searching on frequencies that don't use a tone. You say it won't accept CTCSS / DCS programming either. Since it picks up the weather, it should receive frequencies if you do not program any tone, even if you know they use tone. Have you tried that? If that works, then it sounds like you have a defective tone decode circuit.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I tried frequencies with the tone set and the same frequencies w/o the tone to compare. It didn't pick up the toned frequencies. It worked fine as of yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.