Bc246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrps801

Hi Guys,

I'm now looking into getting my first scanner, and I want to be able to hear Hamilton Police, Ontario Provincial Police, and Hamilton Fire. Is this the right thing I should be getting? I am not sure if they are digital or not, but I want to make sure I am making the right choice towards this. Thanks in advance!

NRPS801

nrps801

Ok, but it says analog and APCO-25. I don't know what that means, like, is it both? Or is it just digital? Also, what would you recommend for using it portable a lot. IE antennas and what not. Thanks.

NRPS801

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It means that some talkgroups are analog - and the 246 could listen on these - and some are digital, which the 246 cannot handle. The 'E' in the mode means Encrypted, and no commercial scanner can get these.

If you float your mouse over the column you will get a balloon which will define the values in that column.

It appears that Fleetnet would require a digital trunktracker; the list of the various models along with a fairly complete article on each one is in our wiki (anything underlined and/or in blue is a link)

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Category:Digital_Scanners

73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.