Bc296d charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctadam12

Hello,
For the second time I have had a wall charger stop charging. Is this common? I leave it plugged in all the time..is this a bad thing? Should I unplug after I'm done charging? Thanks.

SCPD

QRT
Hi, If the power supply/charger is not connected to the device then it must be unplugged. Without a load the power supply device will fail after a period of time. Leaving a wall wart plugged in without a device connected to it is also a fire hazard.

ctadam12

Hi, If the power supply/charger is not connected to the device then it must be unplugged. Without a load the power supply device will fail after a period of time. Leaving a wall wart plugged in without a device connected to it is also a fire hazard.

Thanks for the reply. I will now unplug my charger.

sjlamb

Is this actually documented somewhere? Or, is this only a known issue with the BC296D wall wart? I have never heard of such an issue with a wall wart left plugged into the wall without any load. I also cannot find any such caution from Uniden nor have I ever heard anyone else report such an issue. I know I personally always had the wall wart for my 296D plugged in to an outlet with no scanner attached (other than when charging) and never had any such failure.

Last edited:

ctadam12

Is this actually documented somewhere? Or, is this only a known issue with the BC296D wall wart? I have never heard of such an issue with a wall wart left plugged into the wall without any load. I also cannot find any such caution from Uniden nor have I ever heard anyone else report such an issue. I know I personally always had the wall wart for my 296D plugged in to an outlet with no scanner attached (other than when charging) and never had any such failure.

Yeah, this is the second time too. Does anyone know where I can get another power supply..Radio Shack?

sjlamb

Assuming that there is not an internal break somewhere in one of the two leads on the power cord; I would suggest that you check the outlet voltage before plugging in a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.