BC346xt hand programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

elidel1

hey, so i got a uniden bc346xt to listen to anything and everything
this is my first scanner and after reading reviews i knew it might be tricky to set up but didnt know itd be this hard.
i live in raleigh north carolina
and i cant seem to figure anything out. my computer is a mac, and the disk freescan only works on pc
how do i get this programed
im getting frustrated and am thinking of sending it back if i cant figure it out soon lol

can anyone help?

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Do a web search for "Easier to read BC346XT manual". Your problems wil be solved!

If you don't have any trunked systems in your area, I would return that scanner and get a BC125AT. Trust me you'll be happier. So simple to program!

Last edited:

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
this is my first scanner and after reading reviews i knew it might be tricky to set up but didnt know itd be this hard.
and i cant seem to figure anything out. my computer is a mac, and the disk freescan only works on pc
im getting frustrated and am thinking of sending it back if i cant figure it out soon lol

can anyone help?

Start Reading

Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual

BC346XT - The RadioReference Wiki

Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

KM4WLV

can anyone help?

I'm in North Carolina as well (Salisbury) and I'll do my best to try and help you out. First off tell me what you're trying to monitor. The 346XT is an Analog trunking scanner and Raleigh (City agencies i.e. FD, PD) and Wake County (i.e. EMS, Sheriff, etc) along with SHP statewide are on the North Carolina VIPER system. You can listen to the VHF dispatch channels for Wake County Fire & EMS, and Raleigh FD and EMS dispatch. VIPER is pretty much an all digital system with a few analog talkgroups. Everything in Raleigh is digital so you won't be hearing much. The City of Durham owns their own radio system which is an analog Motorola Type 2 system so you can still listen to them for the time being. I'm going to put two links below. One for the database page for VIPER and one for the City of Durhams radio system. My suggestion (if you can) is to invest in a digital scanner. If I can help you more NC wise please let me know !!!

VIPER DB page:
Voice Interoperability Plan for Emergency Responders (VIPER) Trunking System, Various, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

City of Durham database page:
City of Durham Trunking System, Durham, North Carolina - Scanner Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.