BCD 325P2 and ProScan, programming works, but not receiving?

tvengr

Well Known Member
But I'd like to get the same system on several sites in Grand and Emery counties as well.
You can assign a system quick key to each site to toggle it on and off. Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Attachments

• Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 1

wtp

i see 7 simulcast systems, so a uniden SDS radio might be best and you can then set up a GPS and have it change systems as you travel.
that will fix many things that you are talking about.

K7XRL

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I might upgrade to a more modern scanner next year. I just got this model a few days ago though, so I am going to stick with it for a while and try to familiarize myself with how these systems work in the interim. I didn't realize it was a 2015 design until after I got it. Still, it's more modern than my old Pro 96 and now it appears that I am getting all of the same traffic on them both, so I am satisfied for now. That may change when I travel with it but I read this one is GPS capable as well.

I've learned to lock out all but one site within the system so it doesn't waste time on redundancies. I also have the local county SO dispatch programmed in. For now they seem to be on analog FM.

Reactions: wtp

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
i see 7 simulcast systems, so a uniden SDS radio might be best and you can then set up a GPS and have it change systems as you travel.
that will fix many things that you are talking about.
On a Motorola 3600 simulcast site a SDS won’t make any difference. The SDS only helps on 9600 sites using CQPSK/LSM. On a 3600 site the simulcast “magic” is done in the sites, not in the subscribers.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
i was also talking about having a whole state to listen to and travel around in.
Ok. I guess I misunderstood since you specifically mentioned the simulcast sites. I guess I need to work on my reading comprehension.

K7XRL

Premium Subscriber
So now I am trying to get the Carbon and Emery county NXDN to work. I bought the key to unlock NXDN and the scanner accepted it, but I'm not receiving anything on that system either. It's another straight download and install using proscan from the RR database.