bcd 396 xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

debnkip

I have a question with my new uniden bcd396xt, I have it set up for Tulsa PD, but im only hearing the 3 main dispatch channels (north side, east side, and southwest side) Im not getting any of the car to car or tac channels, I have it set up for analog and digital, I'm I doing something wrong or is this due to the rebanding going on in Tulsa, and if so can I do anything different.
Thanks

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Tulsa went Digital sometime back on all ID's and after about a month the 3 main dispatch divisions went back to analog while everything else stayed Digital and Encrypted. I would plug in all the Analog ID's as well as the Digital one's as they sometimes have traffic on them. For other info I would plug in the TCSO ID's and the Catoosa PD ID's and TCSO Lowband freq. 155.070 and depending on your location the area PD's around you SS, SAP, and then the Jenks, Bixby EDACS systems as well as OHP. While car to car was sometimes good to listen too in the last few years it just became a "call me on my cell" type of comms heard channel. If your using ARC software and would like a file to look at PM me and I will send you one.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
BA is on a system that cannot be monitored, The file won't work on freescan.

debnkip

I set up a separate system QK just for digital channels in Tulsa and set the system to reband settings as well as tried normal mode and I still don't get anything, can I assume they are encrypted and just not noted with RR?

teufler

Here is a file i created in freescan 2.16a. Tulsa zip. I added all tulsa groups, plius a few counties either side of tulsa. YOU MIGHT TRY THIS. I rebanded Tulsa, county to the west I did not. You can add rebanding if its needed. The Tulsa file has the rebanding information in it.

Attachments

• TULSA.zip
    6 KB · Views: 66

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
A bit off the subject, but I purchased Uniden's new 436....I was one of the customers...
who apparently the "first" shipment was shipped out to.....And let me tell you, there are problems
like you would not even believe.

Uniden's "solution" was:

Simply update the firmware to the "" corrected "" firmware.

Such a shame (in terms of failing to afford customers good quality, for a unit that costs around 500.00

Last edited by a moderator:

peterjmag

The reband and TPD's digital upgrade are two different issues.

First you need to make sure your scanner will scan rebanded systems and with the Tulsa site most even older scanners will scan the system the way it is now because all they did was delete the top channels 860.0000 and move them down to 859-854 with no change to the last 4 digits. If the last 4 digits changed to 0 then that is a true rebanded system that needs new tables but like stated above this is not the case for the Tulsa site.

As for TPD's digital upgrade. This was a department decision just like when EMSA did it back in 2004. Only, TPD's main sides 9A, 9D, and 9G are all analog and in the clear. All car to car and tacs are P25(Digital) and encrypted just like EMSA. No more scanning unless they turn off the encryption which will probably never happen.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Yes, I know... I am not quite a scholar like you seem to be, but your input
is interesting, and helpful, to all those who share this enjoyable hobby.

peterjmag

Yes, I know... I am not quite a scholar like you seem to be, but your input
is interesting, and helpful, to all those who share this enjoyable hobby.

Dr.
I am flattered by your glib comment about being a scholar however I am not even close. I have been more of "watch dog" and just read and observe for betterment of our hobby. Glad I could help and happy scanning.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Dr.
I am flattered by your glib comment about being a scholar however I am not even close. I have been more of "watch dog" and just read and observe for betterment of our hobby. Glad I could help and happy scanning.

I'm not either; just love the hobby, and learn something everyday. I think that is what makes
the hobby so enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.