St. John's Security MIA

wmccr

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
55
Reaction score
21
Trying to listen out for St John's security since their license expired 8/25. They were silent for at least a few months before that. I cant find a new FCC listing for them and haven't heard them on any of the known trunked systems in the Tulsa area. I don't have any contacts with them to point me in the right direction either; hoping somebody may know where they went (hopefully not some LTE setup).
 

CrimsonLynx

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
14
Reaction score
4
Location
Bixby, OK
Call Sign WQFS535 as “St. John Owasso”, they have the Broken Arrow and Tulsa facilities to secure along with the Owasso locale.
 

wmccr

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
55
Reaction score
21
Yeah, I've found FCC listings, but nothing that shows up like they have a new license. I think I had discounted the one you showed because it wouldn't make much sense to overhaul all the radio equipment for a license that expired a year from the one they were currently operating under and that call sign only shows Owasso as a location. Makes the most sense that -if they're abandoning their networked sites- they would jump on a trunked system like TU or OSU-CHS has done with OKWIN or (and this is what I'd do if I were them) use some sort of LTE service like the Tulsa area QT Security does to connect all the facilities. No FCC licenses, no repeaters, no newson6 listening in about facility lockdowns. That's what I'd do if I had a security business/department.
 

wx5uif

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
864
Reaction score
143
Location
Broken Arrow, OK
I hadn't noticed any traffic lacking... but since I read this last night I've had two SDRs monitoring. One on the BA location and one on main. There hasn't been any voice traffic, but I do get the bursts from time to time. These were IPSC so traffic on one site was carried on all.

I have a friend that is a security guard there. I also have some equipment I need to repair tomorrow at main, so I'll see if I can run into him or another guard while there and figure out what is going on.
 

wmccr

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
55
Reaction score
21
Had to lookup what IPSC was. So their network is up, but they're not using it. Like I said, I hadn't heard them since before their license expired. I only knew one security guy there but he left a few months ago and knows zero about radio stuff. Anyways, they went somewhere, the question is (always) where?
 

wx5uif

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
864
Reaction score
143
Location
Broken Arrow, OK
I walked past a guard the the other day and still had what looked like XPR7550 radios.

Friday I did hear chatter on the Owasso site.

Try 463.825 and see if you hear anything on it. Sounds like security was taking there just a while ago.

1770577151082.png
 

wmccr

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 2, 2021
Messages
55
Reaction score
21
Yep, I think you found them. TG1 CC15 SL1.
Now I'm curious why they left one expired license to operate on another expired license, especially if the networked sites are still up.
I wouldn't have put money on this being where they went. Anyways, I'll go ahead and submit it. Well done and thanks!
 
Top