BCD-536HP GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKINNY1

I am thinking about buying the Uniden BCD-536HP and am wondering which GPS to buy with it. Does the 536HP have a GPS that is made for the scanner or do I have to use the Uniden BC-GPSK?

Thank you,

Rick

Kansas

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I use the BC-GPSK and it does the job fairly well. However any GPS unit that is NMEA compatible will also work.

I've also used Garmin GPS devices in the past with success, however cables were cumbersome (one went to the scanner and another powered the GPS unit instead of using the GPS on internal batteries). The Uniden GPS unit makes for a neater cable setup.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have an older Magellan 310 which I'd like to try with the 436. I've used it before with mapping software on a laptop, so I know it will send data OK. I also have a serial programming cable for the XT scanners which should feed the data to the 436. What I don't know is if I need a gender changer only or a cross over connector. Can anyone help me out?

Last edited:

SKINNY1

Thank you for the replies. That answered my question. Now off to do my shopping for a new BCD-536HP and BC-GPSK!

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.