BCD325 System Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLHamp

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
2
Location
Oak Hill, VA
I have BCD325P2, its programed to 3 group by county. I assigned a number tag and the numbers are there. Where I'm stumped is when I hit the key number it doesn't jump to the system based on the tag. The manual tells you how to set the number tags but I couldn't how to use them to change the system you want to listen to. Only have 3 system so they are keys 1, 2, and 3. Am I not getting how it's supposed to switch systems? I am using ProScan for programing. and the system numbers are in the scanner but how I switch is not resonating. Appreciate any help.
 

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 2, 2006
Messages
8,651
Reaction score
5,255
Location
Ontario, Calif.
I have BCD325P2, its programed to 3 group by county. I assigned a number tag and the numbers are there. Where I'm stumped is when I hit the key number it doesn't jump to the system based on the tag. The manual tells you how to set the number tags but I couldn't how to use them to change the system you want to listen to. Only have 3 system so they are keys 1, 2, and 3. Am I not getting how it's supposed to switch systems? I am using ProScan for programing. and the system numbers are in the scanner but how I switch is not resonating. Appreciate any help.
See if this helps. See the section "Using Number Tags"

Also in ProScan, you can go to the Number Tag directly using the control box. It's located in the upper right corner of the program.
 

tvengr

Well Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
12,134
Reaction score
5,395
Location
Baltimore County, MD
Only have 3 system so they are keys 1, 2, and 3. Am I not getting how it's supposed to switch systems?
Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:
 

Attachments

  • Uniden Scanner Quick Key Instructions DMA.pdf
    11 KB · Views: 28

PLHamp

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
2
Location
Oak Hill, VA
Here is a PDF file which will answer all of your questions about using quick keys:

Thanks for the sheet. I know I'm doing something wrong because S line has no numbers. Somehow some way I am not assigning something correctly in Pro Scan. I'm old and getting over Concussion also I'm an old Radio Shack Banks and numbers guy so DMA is sort of a challenge. All 3 systems are P25 2 are Phase 1 and the other Phase 2 if that makes any difference. The weird thing is each system has a single digit number tag, but I can't get systems #2 or #3 to come on. I'm missing something here. Appreciate your help! Update: I think I figured it out, I was doing something wrong, it seems the system number and the quick key numbers aren't the same functionally. I went and assigned a quick key to each (simulcast) in each system and bingo I have it scanning all three system and I have quick keys for police and fire now for each group in each system..
 
Last edited:

tvengr

Well Known Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2019
Messages
12,134
Reaction score
5,395
Location
Baltimore County, MD
I went and assigned a quick key to each (simulcast) in each system and bingo I have it scanning all three system and I have quick keys for police and fire now for each group in each system.
Glad to hear you got it working. Quick keys are very easy to use with DMA scanners once you understand them.
 

PLHamp

Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2007
Messages
33
Reaction score
2
Location
Oak Hill, VA
Glad to hear you got it working. Quick keys are very easy to use with DMA scanners once you understand them.
Yeah where I got off the rails was thinking that systems numbers functioned like quick keys. Once I reread the sheet you sent me and the easier manual it all made sense. One of those light bulb moments! Thanks again
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top