BCD3252P25 AWIN Tracking issue

greenwoodboy

Premium Subscriber
Hello, I have had a Uniden BCD3252P2 for several months. I have been tracking the AWIN Waveland site without any trouble, until it just stopped working. It still shows that the radio is getting the same signal strength, but it won't track the system. I have a BCD436HP and an SDS100 that both are still tracking the Waveland site with no issue. Any thoughts on what happened to the P2? The P2 works well with DMR, NXDN trunking systems, as well as analog fequencies.

jbdinki

I am having the same issue with my 325 p2 with the Fayetteville site. I'll show full signal but won't show I'm hitting the data ch or it shows full signal and says searching for control ch. I pick up Benton county site way better than the Fayetteville site from Elkins. Not sure if it needs a firmware update or what but it's been very frustrating.

greenwoodboy

Premium Subscriber
I am having the same issue with my 325 p2 with the Fayetteville site. I'll show full signal but won't show I'm hitting the data ch or it shows full signal and says searching for control ch. I pick up Benton county site way better than the Fayetteville site from Elkins. Not sure if it needs a firmware update or what but it's been very frustrating.
It's good to know I'm not alone with this issue, but sorry you're having it too. Thanks for responding.

greenwoodboy

Premium Subscriber
You may have to try changing the P25 Threshold from AUTO to One of the MANUAL settings to see if you have any luck.
Yeah, I've been changing the P25 threshold, but so far that has not helped. It's weird because an SDS100 is programmed the same way and hears this site well.

Troop H cars were all getting new radios installed this past week here locally. The troopers were having issues as well while this was going on. I don’t know what this means but assuming they are new phase 2 radios and maintenance is underway. Hopefully total E not in the future .

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Troop H cars were all getting new radios installed this past week here locally. The troopers were having issues as well while this was going on. I don’t know what this means but assuming they are new phase 2 radios and maintenance is underway. Hopefully total E not in the future .

I was told yesterday that apparently a lot of ASP (all? I don't know) is switching to Kenwood radios instead of /\/\. I said that was interesting and they commented that with the Kenwoods they can then communicate with these departments that are or soon to be DMR or NXDN without having a mix of brands.

Also heard there was talk of E but that admins at the troops aren't a fan of that. Again, just rumor mill stuff I guess but that's what I was told.