BCD325P2/BCD996P2: BCD325P2 Firmware update issue

Steve73

Hey guys I've seen this issue discussed elsewhere but can't find anything. I keep getting scanner not responding when trying to update to latest firmware with the BCVUP3 software. Have uninstalled and reinstalled both driver and software numerous times. Strange thing is when I use the ARC XT PRO software I have no issues at all. Scanner communicates normally for editing, programming etc. This rules out the cable as well. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

FrensicPic

Premium Subscriber
I just updated the firmware a couple days ago on my 325P2 (and 996P2) using BC_VUP3 with no problems.
I have found that if my ProScan is actively connected to the scanner BC_VUP3 cannot access the scanner.
Try closing your ARC XT PRO and try again.
John

a727469

Ok, I read what this firmware is supposed to do but has anyone noticed real audible improvements? My 325 is working fine so any reason to update? No nxdn or 25 phase 2 only phase 1 here.

Steve73

I just updated the firmware a couple days ago on my 325P2 (and 996P2) using BC_VUP3 with no problems.
I have found that if my ProScan is actively connected to the scanner BC_VUP3 cannot access the scanner.
Try closing your ARC XT PRO and try again.
John
Thanks for the suggestion. ARC PRO not open still no luck.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

With the USB cable connected to both your PC and the BCD325P2, and the scanner is turned on, what COM port is showing for the scanner in your Windows Device Manager?

1718809447206.png

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I keep getting scanner not responding when trying to update to latest firmware with the BCVUP3 software.

At what point in the process do you see the message about the scanner not responding? When you first start the BC_VUP3 program?

Do you get as far as where you select the model of your scanner?

1718816754560.png

Do you get as far as the "Auto Detect" button?

1718816831548.png

If so, does "Auto Detect" find the COM port that your scanner is currently on?

Can you post a screen shot of the error you're seeing?

Last edited:

Steve73

At what point in the process do you see the message about the scanner not responding? When you first start the BC_VUP3 program?

Do you get as far as where you select the model of your scanner?

View attachment 164231

Do you get as far as the "Auto Detect" button?

View attachment 164232

If so, does "Auto Detect" find the COM port that your scanner is currently on?

Can you post a screen shot of the error you're seeing?
Gets to the COM Port screen, finds correct COM Port and after hitting next get scanner not responding message. Then says start the process over.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Gets to the COM Port screen, finds correct COM Port and after hitting next get scanner not responding message. Then says start the process over.

Maybe backup your scanner to ARC XT PRO, disconnect the USB cable from the scanner, and do a full reset of the scanner to factory settings, then try the BC_VUP3 updater again.

Steve73

Maybe backup your scanner to ARC XT PRO, disconnect the USB cable from the scanner, and do a full reset of the scanner to factory settings, then try the BC_VUP3 updater again.
Yeah thought about that as a last resort. This is the only issue I’ve ever had with this scanner. Update doesn’t do much really may just let it go and take the “if it ain’t broke don't fix it“ approach on this one.