bcd396t programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc9msa

I am new to the world of scanners....I am a ham, and had no problem at all programming any of my radios or my HT using computer software. This thing has me stumped. Local law enforcement in my area is on APCO 25. No where in any of the programming software does it have a slot for "control frequency" or anyhting of that nature. I am stupmped! Can someone please help me!!!!

regression

Which programming software are you use? Assuming you are using the UASD software from Uniden, on the main screen, click the "Data Base" tab, then "New" under "System Data Base". Give it a name and select the type and click OK. On the window that pops up, click the "TRUNK Option" button at the bottom. You enter the system frequencies there.

kc9msa

Right...

Well, my question is, with our local system, there is one primary control station frequency, then a couple of alternate control channels, then the regular frequencies...how does the software know which frequency is the primary control frequency?

n2mdk

kc9msa said:
Well, my question is, with our local system, there is one primary control station frequency, then a couple of alternate control channels, then the regular frequencies...how does the software know which frequency is the primary control frequency?

Since only one control channel frequency will be active at any one time the radio scans and locks on to the first one it finds is active. If the system rotates control channels the radio will simply move on to the next active one.

Status
Not open for further replies.