BCd396t UASD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIFM790

Hello,

Is there a way to insert or delete a channel slot in the middle of the sort without cutting and pasting in the software like the 296/796 uasd?

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

You can delete a channel by highlighting channel, clicking on EDIT, then select DELETE CHANNEL from drop down menu. If you want to insert a channel anywhere in the group, simply DRAG and DROP the line, after making a line for the channel.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

BFIFM790

Lets just say for example......

I programed a group with ten channels. Now I realize I want to insert a channel in between channels 3 and 4. Is there a way to create a blank channel in between the two so I can input or paste the information without having to cut and paste channels 4 through 10.

With ten channels its no big deal, but its alot when you have like 50 channels or tgids.

Sorry im dense on this one....Thank you so much

RISC777

In a Group (System Editor), highlight the line you want to "drop down" one line, the empty line you want above that one, select Edit on the menu bar, select Insert & Paste Channel. You'll have a 'blank' channel above the one you initially selected/highlighted.

edit: If you're looking to insert a control channel frequency, UASD doesn't provide that 'insert' feature. There you'll have to copy/paste, etc. to get a control channel frequency you may have missed or want added in into the 'middle' of what is already entered in.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
BFIFM790 said:
Lets just say for example......

I programed a group with ten channels. Now I realize I want to insert a channel in between channels 3 and 4. Is there a way to create a blank channel in between the two so I can input or paste the information without having to cut and paste channels 4 through 10.

With ten channels its no big deal, but its alot when you have like 50 channels or tgids.

Sorry im dense on this one....Thank you so much
The "Insert & Paste" option won't generally insert a blank line, It will only insert what's on the Windows 'clipboard'. Unless te clipboard is loaded, the option will be grayed out.

To make it insert a blank line, try this:
While in the "System Editor screen", hit the "C" button. This adds a blank new channel at the bottom of your list. The Channel Name fiel will be highlighted, but blank.
Using either the standard Windows Copy command, <CTRL><C>, or the copy channel option under the "Edit" menu, copy the blank channel to the 'clipboard'.
Now, highlight with your mouse the line where you want to add one or more blanks for more channels or talk groups. (Just click that line once to select, not a double click).
Using the Edit menu, you'll see the "Insert & Paste" function is no longer grayed out. Select it to add you line.
Repeat to add additional blank lines.

You could have also added the blank at the bottom, added your channel ot talkgroup, then use the cut function, then 'Insert & Paste" that where ever desired.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No need to cut and paste - just click your mouse and drag it up after entering.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
rdale said:
No need to cut and paste - just click your mouse and drag it up after entering.
Which once again proves there always more than one way to do things

Status
Not open for further replies.