bcd396t V Pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadwith2boys

First post here and I will say this appears to be a very well run site. Great Job all!!

I am just getting back into scanners and I have been reading and reading and reading. I live in Wright Co. very close to HWY 94, and I know they just changed to Digital. I am hoping to achieve listening to Multi-counties from within my home w/o an outdoor antenna at this time and I don't have a Ham Ticket yet. So I would like to receive analog as well as digital signals.

Would someone be kind enough to let me know there thoughts on these scanners or another recommendation. I know a scanner can be a personal choice. But again, I am just getting back into it and would like to Multi-counties includes MSP, DOT, etc...

Thank you kindly.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
cool i live in wright county in otsego by the water park. i will soon be purchasing the uniden bcd396xt. it is a hand held unit. i have done a lot of research. with the features the uniden has i will not consider buying a RS scanner unless it is a last resort. i have gotten to play with both scanners the RS pro-106 and the uniden that i previously mentioned. if you would like to see the RS scanner in person and play around with it you can go to the radioshack in elk river and they have one that i looked at when i was doing my research. if you have any more questions feel free to ask them and i will do my best to answer them. also the uniden comes with a free programming cable and the radioshack scanner does not come supplied with a cable. they are soled separately for 30.00 i think.

ps they both can pick up analog and digital signals

-martin-

Dadwith2boys

bcd396xt v pro-106

cool i live in wright county in otsego by the water park. i will soon be purchasing the uniden bcd396xt. it is a hand held unit. i have done a lot of research. with the features the uniden has i will not consider buying a RS scanner unless it is a last resort. i have gotten to play with both scanners the RS pro-106 and the uniden that i previously mentioned. if you would like to see the RS scanner in person and play around with it you can go to the radioshack in elk river and they have one that i looked at when i was doing my research. if you have any more questions feel free to ask them and i will do my best to answer them. also the uniden comes with a free programming cable and the radioshack scanner does not come supplied with a cable. they are soled separately for 30.00 i think.

ps they both can pick up analog and digital signals

-martin-

Hello Martin,

I am in Monticello just down the street from Oryans. I did pickup the pro-106 and now I am looking at the bcd396xt. I did read the wiki on that bcd396xt, but I would like to know, if you don't mind, why you like that one over the RS? Besides that is comes with the cable and it has GSP Support?

Thank you kindly.

KD0NDO

Premium Subscriber
that is just my opinon. the reason is the uniden comes with a fire tone out mode, and close call. both of these features are very important to me beacuse i need to decode the tones for fire depts. also i travel a lot and the close call, it is cool for hotels, and drive through when i go to eat. also if i am in a city that i am unfamiliar with. don't get me wrong but the RS scanner is a very nice scanner. it is just not what i am looking for. i can still help you with it i do know some about it.

-martin-

Status
Not open for further replies.