BCD396XT 10 second scan issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryAaron

Premium Subscriber
I am sure this is an easy fix, but NOT for me. LOL My scanner use to work perfectly until yesterday. I use to be able to hear the complete call out of fire or police no matter how long it would take, but now, after about ten seconds, it drops that channel and starts scanning again. It happens on ever channel. I do not have priority set on any channel in my system. I have reset my BCD396XT to it's factory state and I have even deleted my systems and started them all over again. Have I hit a button or something on my radio or have I done something within the ARC-XT PRO software I am using? The only change I made before this started was to add a new system for the navy base and added their Air Field Freq's. The problem started after I uploaded them. But now it does not matter if I have it active or deleted from my system. I still have the same Resume Scan problem every 10 seconds. It just won't stay fixed on any one channel.

I hope there is a BCD396XT Guru out there that can help me with this.

dhollands

If the delay time setting at the system level is set to -10, the scanner will continue scanning after 10 seconds. I not sure how it might have been changed, but you should check that.

LarryAaron

Premium Subscriber
I have checked every where in both the radio itself and the software. The only thing I have set to +10 is the delay time. The factory default is a 2 second delay and that is not long enough for a reply to be heard before it starts scanning again. I have always had it set that way. I have nothing set to a negative number at all. Priority scan is set to OFF and none of the frequencies I have set up has priority set to ON. I am totally baffled by this. Thanks for your reply.

LarryAaron

Premium Subscriber
Problem Solved

Thank you all for your replies. I have found what was causing the problem and it was in the ARC-XT PRO software. When you have the Virtual Control panel open, you will see four tabs below the volume/squelch buttons. History Logging, Recorder, Log Settings/Misc, and File/Folder Options. In the Log Settings/Misc tab, there is a dropdown box called, "Resume Scanning After" This I do remember messing with and it was set to 10 seconds. I had no Idea it was an active droopdown box with the Log Detected Subtones box "unchecked" My bad. I am so glad I kept on looking as this was just driving me bonkers.

Attachments

• ARCXTPRO.jpg
    ARCXTPRO.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 918
Last edited:

scankid

Premium Subscriber
keep in mind

I am sure this is an easy fix, but NOT for me. LOL My scanner use to work perfectly until yesterday. I use to be able to hear the complete call out of fire or police no matter how long it would take, but now, after about ten seconds, it drops that channel and starts scanning again. It happens on ever channel. I do not have priority set on any channel in my system. I have reset my BCD396XT to it's factory state and I have even deleted my systems and started them all over again. Have I hit a button or something on my radio or have I done something within the ARC-XT PRO software I am using? The only change I made before this started was to add a new system for the navy base and added their Air Field Freq's. The problem started after I uploaded them. But now it does not matter if I have it active or deleted from my system. I still have the same Resume Scan problem every 10 seconds. It just won't stay fixed on any one channel.

I hope there is a BCD396XT Guru out there that can help me with this.

c-ch output when on extend , I've found screwed up my scanning, until I just put it in the on position.

Status
Not open for further replies.