BCD396XT Priority Scan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

08GMC4X4

I have 2 banks with conventional systems and 2 banks with trunked systems. I scan all at the same time using my quick keys. I have priority channels set in all 4 banks. Why is it when I isolate the 2 conventional banks and only listen to the trunked systems it says "Priority Scan No Channel"? Even if I have priority channels set in those banks? I have priority channels set and I have priority mode on but, it still kicks it off.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
For trunked system, Priority is set at the system level. The "global" priority functions are only for conventional priorities. So, if you disable all your conventional groups, you'll get that error message.

08GMC4X4

I don't think I understand. I went back through my scanner and I found out that I did NOT have Priority ID Scan under my trunked System Options. I turned it on for both of my trunked systems and it is still saying "Priority Scan No Channel'. I don't mean to be a pest I am still new to this scanner

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
That message means that you've tried to turn on the conventional priority function, but either don't have any conventional priority channels assigned or the conventional systems that have those priority channels are disabled (SQK turned off or systems are locked out).

08GMC4X4

I understand that much, but my question is why is there a option to set priorty channels under trunked systems if on trunked systems you cannot set priority.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You can set priority on Trunked systems. To do so, set the individual channels you wish to have priority to PRIORITY ON and turn on the system-level priority setting.

08GMC4X4

Ok got it. So if its set on the system level and I have my priority channels set it is still priorty scanning my channels on trunked networks

Status
Not open for further replies.