BCD396XT problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdein157

Premium Subscriber
I'm a new user from Bensalem ,PA 19020 ...I programmed my scanner for Bucks County, PA Project 25 Phase II control Freq # 774.65625 and added the dec #'s I wanted, but nothing is happening when I scan this system.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm a new user from Bensalem ,PA 19020 ...I programmed my scanner for Bucks County, PA Project 25 Phase II control Freq # 774.65625 and added the dec #'s I wanted, but nothing is happening when I scan this system.

If the systems are actually using phase 2, you won't be able to monitor them with the 396XT... that scanner is not phase 2 capable.

jdein157

Premium Subscriber
Are you using programming software or doing it manually? If using software, which one?
Manually for the P25...I have been using Freescan for other systems and it's works fine....I'm trying to monitor PD's in Bucks
County, so I tried to enter that system manually.

jdein157

Premium Subscriber

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
As already noted, that is a Phase II system that the 396XT cannot handle.

The Bucks County system shows to be a 24-site Simulcast system. See this map.

Simulcast can be a headache to deal with. I'd suggest that you request your thread be moved to the Pennsylvania forum. To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there. Hopefully, you can get a response from someone relatively near to you who can advise you if the 325P2 works for them, and if not, what do they suggest and/or use.

More details about Simulcast, and the issue it causes, can be found on this Wiki page:
Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki

jdein157

Premium Subscriber
As already noted, that is a Phase II system that the 396XT cannot handle.

The Bucks County system shows to be a 24-site Simulcast system. See this map.

Simulcast can be a headache to deal with. I'd suggest that you request your thread be moved to the Pennsylvania forum. To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there. Hopefully, you can get a response from someone relatively near to you who can advise you if the 325P2 works for them, and if not, what do they suggest and/or use.

More details about Simulcast, and the issue it causes, can be found on this Wiki page:
Simulcast digital distortion - The RadioReference Wiki
Thank You

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
your scanner is still usable just not for p25 phase 2 systems, you need to upgrade to either the bcd325p2 or bcd996p2 for bucks co.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
The BCD 436 works fairly well with the Bucks County system. That is what I use in my car with an external antenna. The lower end of the county has more sites and more distortion.

Status
Not open for further replies.