BCD396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

codten

Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2012
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Suffolk
I have a BCD396xt and a question about the remote head.

Is it possible to use use the BC-RH96 remote head and a attached GPS?

I have read the user manuals for both and from what I can tell they both use the serial programming port. This would led me to believe that you cannot use them both together. Can anyone please confirm?
 

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 26, 2007
Messages
1,409
Reaction score
160
Location
Florida
You won't be able to use the RH96 and a GPS together with the handheld models as there's only one serial port on the side. The base models (996/15) have both a 9-pin serial in the back for the GPS in addition to the smaller serial port in the front that you would use the RH96 with.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top