Bcd436 lapel mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Is there a uniden on motorola lapel mic or the coiled "agent" ear bud style that will work with the 436? I don't care if it has the PTT button on it or not as long as the speaker is loud enough.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
Scanner master has a lapel speaker made by spectrum force in the speaker section of their website,I bought one for my 396 xt and it sucks it's very low with the scanner volume turned up all the way

lawman210

Well ill take looking like a geek over not hearing it. Or having it so loud everyone within 50 feet hears it but with the caveat that you can hear but are not able to understand it. If your worried about the "security wanting to look like a real cop" rep "Paul Blart" mentality I don't worry about that. I have a badge that says "police" so been there done that. I'll take audible audio close to my ear over a shreaking crackling radio on a belt clip or holding it up to my ear like I'm talking on a walkie talkie form the 70's

lawman210

Scanner master has a lapel speaker made by spectrum force in the speaker section of their website,I bought one for my 396 xt and it sucks it's very low with the scanner volume turned up all the way

Yeah i had the same issue with trying to get a speaker for the Hp1.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
That's the old RShack lapel speaker K-Po, I have one in use on my RS106, with a pin connected to the antenna base' it has tons of volume but u cannot do that with a Uniden H/H....

lawman210

How about this? Listen Only Earpiece

Curious about it myself, as I usually use earbuds when out and about with the scanner. Keeps the funny looks to a minimum since no one else can hear the scanner.

-AZ

I ordered one of these. As soon as the holiday and all this snow gets behind I hope to receive it. I will let you know how it does. I attached a pair of Sony ear buds today and audio was loud. Not as clear as 8 would like but works. One thing I know is if this the quality doesn't get better I won't be using any earpiece much unless it's absolutely necessary as after an hour it started to get a little tiring.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
I use a ear piece like this on my HP and just tried it on my 436. It works better on the 436 then the HP. Much louder and clearer. Which is kinda funny since UPman had said to me in another thread to make sure to use a Stereo plug and not the mono plug for headphones as it could damage something in the scanner otherwise. The plug on mine is mono not so sure about the one in the link AZ supplied. Good Luck.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
You could also try 409shop. They sell the coiled ear plugs with the 3.5 to plug into speaker mics on radios. They have ones with no push to talk just a straight listening ear plug.

Cheap too and very good to deal with.

lawman210

I use a ear piece like this on my HP and just tried it on my 436. It works better on the 436 then the HP. Much louder and clearer. Which is kinda funny since UPman had said to me in another thread to make sure to use a Stereo plug and not the mono plug for headphones as it could damage something in the scanner otherwise. The plug on mine is mono not so sure about the one in the link AZ supplied. Good Luck.

Looking at the plug on the picture it appears to be stereo

lawman210

Ok I got the earpiece today. Audio is pretty low but workable in low ambient noise levels. I never used one before and am not sure about this angled portion of this clip. Can anyone explain how this one is supposed to be attached to clothing? Is the back side (flush side) suppose to go against the body and the 90° at far right what is that for?
ura9eqed.jpg

thundermedic

Database Administrator
Premium Subscriber
The clip is meant to attach to the back collar of your shirt. That way you can have full articulation of your neck without having a cord "pulling". I always put the cable down the inside of my uniform between my vest and my outer EMS shirt.

In the end, it's whatever is comfy to you.

BTW you can get moulded ear plug from your local audiologist's office if you are going to be wearing it a lot.

lawman210

Ahhh I got it now. Looked at a picture of how it is put together. Ty

Hit_Factor

You might find the D shaped earpeice to be more comfortable. I can wear it for a 12 hour shift easily. It also allows you to hear ambient sounds through both ears.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Is the plug that goes into the scanner mono (2 sections to the plug) or stereo (3 sections). If 2 sections, you should add a stereo-to-mono adapter. It will improve the audio level and incidentally stop the scanner's audio circuit from being shorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.