bcd436hp and HP2

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
I have both a 436 and an HP2, the 436 is programmed fine. However, on the HP2, on a few systems the TGID is empty. When i attempted to remove it from my favorites and re add it through the database, the database is not showing it nor is it showing the same systems i can see and select for me 436 with the 436 sentenial version.

Does anyone have any idea what the hell might be going on? Ive tried "reconstruct database", ive messed around with the settings, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
You can export your hpe favorites list files from the 436 using BCDx36HP Sentinel and Import them into HomePatrol Sentinel to ensure both scanners have the same programming.
Tried that. It doesnt do anything . When i import the hpe file, it says its done sucessfully, but when i look at the favorites list its exactly the same, with blank TGID in some systems

mc48

Premium Subscriber
You need to delete the system from the favorites list in the HP Sentinel before you import the correct info from the X36 Sentinel.

mciupa

Are you located in Ottawa, Ohio or Ottawa, Ontario? If it is in Canada maybe I can help.

What trunk systems are being imported?

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Are you located in Ottawa, Ohio or Ottawa, Ontario? If it is in Canada maybe I can help.

What trunk systems are being imported?
Ottawa Ontario. And a bunch of them, I have about 30 systems in my favorites, and I noticed some of them were missing TGIDs, they were just blank. The 436 Sentenial is not blank, so I tried importing the hpe file to Homepatrol senteniel, it says it was done successfully, but the TGIDs are still blank. I have even uninstalled senteniel and reinstalled it, I did the "reconstruct full database" and went thru every single setting to see what's up. I cannot figure it out.

mciupa

Throw me a bone. . . Which trunk system is the most important to you and is there a common feature in that list with the talkgroups that are missing? I need a starting point.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Throw me a bone. . . Which trunk system is the most important to you and is there a common feature in that list with the talkgroups that are missing? I need a starting point.
Let's say BearCom Canada

mciupa

Okay. I see a problem right off the bat.

The HomePatrol 2 does not have the availability to decode DMR or NXDN and it never will. I assume that you have paid for the DMR upgrade for the 436 and that is why it is running properly.

Take all DMR and NXDN out of the HomePatrol 2 programming. It is still a great scanner especially with the Extreme upgrade. I owned one a few years back.

Clats97

Premium Subscriber
Okay. I see a problem right off the bat.

The HomePatrol 2 does not have the availability to decode DMR or NXDN and it never will. I assume that you have paid for the DMR upgrade for the 436 and that is why it is running properly.

Take all DMR and NXDN out of the HomePatrol 2 programming.
Yeah I know that - the problem is the system dissapeared from the list, as well as another system which was not DMR or NXDN. I juse used BearCom as an example but it was a bad one. There's some conventional systems that vanished. It was there yesterday, now it's gone.

mciupa

This is dragging out longer than necessary, but I guess you know that too.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Try erasing the favorite lists when you download to the HP and make sure you have the profile set to download and monitor. I would also check to see if you have location control on or off.

mciupa

My last suggestion is to install a new formatted SD card. Maybe the HP2 has corrupted files.

Good Luck!

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Not sure what you mean mate

I juse used BearCom as an example but it was a bad one.

Give @mciupa an important trunk system that is giving you problems - and I'm sure he will try to help you out.....

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
It's a problem with the software though, how would SD card influence that?
-
If it were a problem with the software, others would be seeing it as well... many others.

As has been a solid piece of well proven advice since the first release of the Home Patrol 1 in 2010, whenever the SD card scanners start doing something unexpected, always suspect the SD card first. It's one of the easiest causes to rule out, and more often than not it's been found to be the cause. Maybe it won't be the cause in your case, but it's important to at least rule it out.