BCD436HP/BCD536HP Scanner Control Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Just a guess here since it's been ages since I was "in the know" and writing scanner software, but it will likely use the same (or a very similar) command set as the Home Patrol, found here: http://info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/Ho...trol-1_Remote_Control_Specification_V2.05.pdf

A side question for Paul: Is the Yt and Yr seen sprinkled throughout this document a Tab and Return character? My Unidenese is a little rusty. :)

Depending on how great or not-so-great Sentinel is, I might make a return to scanner programming software since the author of FreeScan has already stated he has no interest in writing a version of FreeScan for these radios. Since I will be buying the handheld unit when it's finally released, I might give it a whirl again for old times sake.

-AZ

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
UPMan,
I would like to know too if / when the BCD436HP/BCD536HP protocol will be released.

Thanks

wise871

Database Admin
AZ
Seeing the new scanners are more based on the HP-1 architecture wouldn't the software have to be based on cpuerror's PowerPatrol program since FreeScan is based on Dynamic Memory. I'm no programer, just an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.