BCD436HP/BCD536HP: bcd436HP replacement case and keypad

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
Anyone have any laying around they would like to sell? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Part Numbers
LKR107585ZZ
GCF107565ZZ

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I thought I’d post what I have learned when I set out to acquire a spare case shell for the 436. My intent was to have on hand a pristine case, including display window that I could swap out on my 436 if and when I sold it. I believe I still have most but since I still use the scanner, I’m not ready to sell any of it.

I pressed the issue with Uniden here in the states by writing to the US Uniden HQ. Someone got back to me and circumvented the parts dept who wouldn’t sell me anything without me sending the scanner in for them to do the work. I got the parts but I can see the futility in what I did… if we want a new case, it’s going to cost us the flat rate repair cost. Apparently, the parts dept is part of the repair dept. and since they charge for repairs using one flat rate for whatever is wrong, they didn’t have a clue what to charge for a single part by itself! In fact I got all the parts I asked for (and a few I didn’t) free of charge!

For comparison, here are my notes, what I have for part numbers;

UNIDEN PARTS DEPT (replacement lens for 436)
GDW107568ZZ

Parts Dept. 1-800-620-7531
1-800-554-3988

The display window part number is GDW107568ZZ and the front case part number is GCF107565ZZ.

shinkley

Listen More
Premium Subscriber
I replaced my control knob with something that works, but it's not a perfect fit. It would be nice to get a Uniden replacement. Guessing if I called the parts/service dept., they would want to put the knob on?

Did you write to the Irving Texas Uniden?

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
I wrote to the US Uniden HQ. My memory of it is vague. But at this point my recollection of it was this… I only intended to show the difficulties involved with dealing with Uniden America. But I must say the woman who I dealt with was very helpful in getting me what I asked for. I wrote Uniden Corporate America HQ and praised her for her efforts. As best I can recall, she gave up on trying to determine a price for the parts and let it go at that. Sorry I can’t be more specific. And, as stated previously, I still have both the scanner and all the replacement parts asked for, which I am not willing to let go of.

Like you, I am upset Uniden won’t send out or sell individual parts. I hoped my inquiries would have caused them to review their policy but it appears they either did and decided not to change it or disregarded my inquiries entirely. Ether way, I think is an unreasonable way of doing business.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
There are two Icom repair shops in the US. These shops will repair just about anything regarding radio. Do a search for Icom repair shops and contact them. They may have the ability to procure what you need and sell to you. I haven’t tried this so if you do, please report back your findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.