BCD436HP STS Command Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpecker

Is there a bug with the STS command response from the BCD436HP, in scan mode the data that represents the lower few display lines, eg Tag:00.--.--- and a couple above seems to vary in length.

Most lines seem to have a fixed 24 characters but the lines lower down seem to jump around in length even with the scanner fixed on one channel. With nothing changing on the display the incoming data appears unstable. Similar in search and menu mode.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there a bug with the STS command response from the BCD436HP, in scan mode the data that represents the lower few display lines, eg Tag:00.--.--- and a couple above seems to vary in length.

Most lines seem to have a fixed 24 characters but the lines lower down seem to jump around in length even with the scanner fixed on one channel. With nothing changing on the display the incoming data appears unstable. Similar in search and menu mode.

The length jumping around maybe due to your method of measuring the length.
I believe it's is the system, department, etc names containing commas as well as the field delimiter using commas doing this. You will have to use a different method to parse the STS data or use the XML data.

woodpecker

The length jumping around maybe due to your method of measuring the length.
I believe it's is the system, department, etc names containing commas as well as the field delimiter using commas doing this. You will have to use a different method to parse the STS data or use the XML data.

Its not that, I'd already spotted that as a potential problem so made sure there were no commas in the data. The data in the lower screen fields is jumping around in length even when sys, dep and channel are on hold and nothing is changing on the lcd.

Something else is going on with it, I think it must be a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.