Bcd536 hp programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

towerofpower

I am needing step by step in how to create custom favorites for my BCD 536 scanner. I have watched the video several times. So if anyone has these directions in English text and in sequence I would sure appreciate an email with this information. Also any other information on programming and use of this scanner would be most appreciated. . My name is John Hager from Kentucky and I'm a scanner buff and ham radio operator. My e-mail address is n4kju@yahoo.com.
Sincerely Submitted
John Hager N4KJU

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It'll be pretty easy for you since there are no trunked systems involved in your area.

Steps:

1. Start Sentinel
2. Go to Update>Update Master HPDB (that's to ensure you have the latest database to work from)
3. Expand the Database in the left pane, so that you see Kentucky/Johnson/County Systems.
4. Highglight and right mouse click Append Favorites Lists
5. Click New Favorites List and give it a name you wish.
4. You have created your Favorites List

You might want to add adjacent counties as well as KSP. You can either create a separate Favorites List for each of these, or add them to the one your created. It is up to you which way you go.

If you choose to add these to that Favorites List created, follow steps 1-4. In place of adding a new Favorites List, highlight that Favorites List and click OK.

You may also want to consider a plan for Favorites List Quick Keys, System Quick Keys and Department Quick Keys.

Once you've created your Favorites List or Lists edit your Profile in Sentinel (Edit>Edit Profile). Be sure that your FLs have Monitor On and Download On. Then go to the Service Types and be sure the appropriate boxes are checked.

Finally, do a write to scanner. Its good to get in the habit of checking the Erast Favorites List on Scanner box. That keeps from adding duplicates in your scanner and creating confusion.

Like new things, it seems difficult at first, but I think you'll catch on pretty easy.

movinon

Premium Subscriber
The 536 is Awesome!
Lol took me a few months to figure it out.
These forums and you tube are the best help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.