BCD536 Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello,

I own two BCD536 radios, one has the DMR upgrade and is a new radio within a year ago purchased
and the other 536 radio was purchased at the first release of the BCD536.

Currently, I program the radios on two separate computers I have a copy of the Sentinel Software on my lap top for the older radio and a copy of the Sentinel software on my desk top where I do the updates with the radio with the DMR upgrade,

My question is can I use the Sentinel software I program my DMR radio for the radio that does not have the DMR upgrade? I am trying to avoid corrupting the older radio but I like the plan I use for the DMR radio and want both radios to be identical minus the DMR capability.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tony

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Don't worry. You can use the same programming for both scanners. The one without the upgrade will ignore DMR systems.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Yes, update it to the latest firmware. It may not necessarily improve things on the radio without DMR, but it's usually good to have the latest firmware installed. The latest update did address DMR issues, but there is often other tweaks and bug fixes in each firmware update. Some usere are reporting p25 improvement, as well.

marksmith

You want to look at the profile features of Sentinel which allow you to program multiple radios from same application, only maintaining one set of dats, but selecting what goes to each radio.

536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
As noted above, you can use the same machine/Sentinel to program both scanners without issue. You can and should use the latest firmware versions in both scanners.

The way I understand it, a firmware upgrade changes certain things "inside" the scanner while leaving other things "inside" alone (such as your DMR upgrad).

I have two 536 scanners and one 436 scanner. There are different scanning scenarios I have, such as "at home", "on the road" and "at a destination". Each of those will have a its own Profile. So given the number of scanners and scenarios, I have many Profiles. The only trick is to be sure I'm using and writing the appropriate profile when editing and writing. A lot of times, I store each profile on its own SD card. So when the scanning scenario changes, its a simple task of exchanging SD cards.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello Everyone,

I updated the firmware and flashed the radio after deleting the entire radio with the DMR radio plan
without fail thanks, everyone for their input a huge help. Have a great weekend !!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.