BCD536HP ID SCANNING

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKY1

my scanner say id searching at bottom but never receives anything , the others say scanning and do receive , what does the id searching mean and how can I change it to scanning .

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
What system are you trying to scan? Is it in this list? New York Trunking Systems Did you try using the zip code entry to see if you could catch anything? Press Menu, Set Your Location, Enter Zip Code, USA, Zip Code, "E" to Enter to scan full database.

smithken

Premium Subscriber
I haven't tried ID searching on the 536 yet but I assume it's the same as previous Uniden scanners: ID Search will receive all talk group IDs on the system, ID Scan will only receive talk group IDs you have programmed into the scanner. I don't have an answer for your problem.

STICKY1

Yes there is a lot reading the the software and the home patrol is supposed to upload and go !!!!!!! Not so much

fenderblue

I noticed that on my new scanner. P25 said ID and analog channels just said scanning?? This was on the full database. I haven't figured how to get my favorite lists going yet. Might have to take a day or two of from work to figure it out.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
The manual is 104 pages.

Are you guys using the latest owner's manual or are you using the one that came with the radio? I think the one that comes with the radio is much older than the following which is in a PDF format so you can search it on your computer to find things faster.

Here it is in case you do not have it:

BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

When you see ID Searching it is in a trunked system and as one of you said it will stop on any TGID it finds but ID Scan will only scan the ones you want, but first you have to put those in.

When many scanners just say "scanning" the are usually scanning conventional channels which are not trunked.

Make sure you watch some of the video on how to do certain things it is usually better than just reading about it.

When I first got my HP-1 a few years ago I went into Sentinel and started off by making a favorite (did not put anything in it) then I went to the Main Data Base and right clicked on part of it and it gave me a menu and one choice was "append to Favorites" I did that.

Now I had way more than I needed in my Favorite's List but I could (while in Sentinel) click on the yellow star with a pencil to get me into Edit mode and remove all the stuff (in my very big Favorites list) that I did not want.

I also looked at how my computer had been programmed by looking at Sentinel after I appended all this stuff. I then could copy the method used, read the manual, watch some videos, ask question in RR and soon I was making my own favorites.

stingray327

Are you guys using the latest owner's manual or are you using the one that came with the radio? I think the one that comes with the radio is much older than the following which is in a PDF format so you can search it on your computer to find things faster.

Here it is in case you do not have it:

BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

When you see ID Searching it is in a trunked system and as one of you said it will stop on any TGID it finds but ID Scan will only scan the ones you want, but first you have to put those in.

When many scanners just say "scanning" the are usually scanning conventional channels which are not trunked.

Make sure you watch some of the video on how to do certain things it is usually better than just reading about it.

When I first got my HP-1 a few years ago I went into Sentinel and started off by making a favorite (did not put anything in it) then I went to the Main Data Base and right clicked on part of it and it gave me a menu and one choice was "append to Favorites" I did that.

Now I had way more than I needed in my Favorite's List but I could (while in Sentinel) click on the yellow star with a pencil to get me into Edit mode and remove all the stuff (in my very big Favorites list) that I did not want.

I also looked at how my computer had been programmed by looking at Sentinel after I appended all this stuff. I then could copy the method used, read the manual, watch some videos, ask question in RR and soon I was making my own favorites.

Thanks for that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.