ProScan: BCD536hp on ProScan

OneThirtyEight

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to this P25 programming.
But I have a BCD536HP scanner using Proscan to program the scanner and Importing from Radio Reference to Proscan. However I am trying to Program Anderson County TN which is apparently Conventional P25.
If I program the Conventional Frequencies I hear Nothing. If I go to bottom of Proscan screen on the import from Radio Reference.
Change it to TACN and import the TN Anderson County to Scanner there are No frequencies just TGiD's. And scanner says Nothing to Scan
What am I doing wrong?

RMason

Premium Subscriber
there are No frequencies just TGiD's. And scanner says Nothing to Scan
Did you select the sites when you imported from TACN in the RR database? There are 2 sites shown in the db:

2 (2)017 (11)Windrock MountainAnderson, TN769.35625c769.78125770.20625770.84375771.08125c771.50625772.00625
2 (2)061 (3D)Oak RidgeAnderson, TN770.61875c771.23125771.68125772.25625772.70625773.23125

You will need to select the desired sites in addition to the TGIDs. See below example:

1725234762183.png

OneThirtyEight

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I did
I'm trying to get Anderson County though
Oak Ridge is in Anderson County
But Clinton TN actually has Anderson County Sheriff EMS Fire , Etc
Scroll on down the list
Past the the W's
It will go to one's that start with GA
Then you will see TN- Anderson County
But there are No Frequencies just tgid
The only way it has frequencies is Conventional

Attachments

• 17252367777902322490594857536864.jpg
    17252367777902322490594857536864.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 13

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I did
Scroll on down the list
Past the the W's
What site(s) did you select when you downloaded from the RR db? The sites are at the top of the list in Proscan. The TGIDs are at the bottom. You need to program both sites and TGIDs for P25 trunked systems. The sites contain the frequencies.

You will want to select the site(s) that are closest to you. I would start with selecting both the Oak Ridge and Windrock Mountain sites. It looks like the Windrock site has broader coverage.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yeah I did
Scroll on down the list
Past the the W's
I think you do not understand how the system looks when doing an 'import' in ProScan.

When you select a system to import, and select the 'get data' for the system, the name of the system appears at the top of the window.
1725243539707.png
Directly underneath that, you'll see all of the sites on the system. Windrock Mountain and Oak Ridge are listed farther down in the list of sites.
1725243699117.png
and
1725243889085.png
Look at the left side of that listing of the sites. All of them are listed under the system itself. You can see that they are all part of the system. You can use either the "Uncheck All' or "Uncheck All Sites" to clear all of the sites. then go back & seelct the checkbox by the two sites you do want.

If you scroll farther down, past the listings of the sites, you'll see the talkgroups for various agencies. as well as counties (and towns). Anderson is in that group.
1725244286881.png
What, I think, is confusing you is that when you select the Anderson County talkgroups, you think that selecting the talkgroups will also grab the sites & their frequencies, That's not correct. To import the system correctly, you select the sites you want in the upper part of the listing, then you scroll down to the collection of talkgroups and select your county (Anderson). If you have the two sites selected, and also the talkgroups, then ProScan will correctly import the system with both talkgroups and the sites selected. Just make sure, before you select "import" that you have the sites as well as the talkgroup IDs that you want selected. It will look like this in the Favorites list editor in ProScan.

1725244644030.png

OneThirtyEight

Premium Subscriber
I think you do not understand how the system looks when doing an 'import' in ProScan.

When you select a system to import, and select the 'get data' for the system, the name of the system appears at the top of the window.
View attachment 168494
Directly underneath that, you'll see all of the sites on the system. Windrock Mountain and Oak Ridge are listed farther down in the list of sites.
View attachment 168495
and
View attachment 168497
Look at the left side of that listing of the sites. All of them are listed under the system itself. You can see that they are all part of the system. You can use either the "Uncheck All' or "Uncheck All Sites" to clear all of the sites. then go back & seelct the checkbox by the two sites you do want.

If you scroll farther down, past the listings of the sites, you'll see the talkgroups for various agencies. as well as counties (and towns). Anderson is in that group.
View attachment 168498
What, I think, is confusing you is that when you select the Anderson County talkgroups, you think that selecting the talkgroups will also grab the sites & their frequencies, That's not correct. To import the system correctly, you select the sites you want in the upper part of the listing, then you scroll down to the collection of talkgroups and select your county (Anderson). If you have the two sites selected, and also the talkgroups, then ProScan will correctly import the system with both talkgroups and the sites selected. Just make sure, before you select "import" that you have the sites as well as the talkgroup IDs that you want selected. It will look like this in the Favorites list editor in ProScan.

View attachment 168499
Thank you so much
I will try this