BCD563HP Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's take all of the other systems, sites, and location programming out of the equation. Download and unzip the attached file. Import this into Sentinel. The system is named "NE SRS Test" and it includes only the Lincoln site, and all known talkgroups. When you are scanning, have only this favorite list and system enabled. Let me know if this works.

--Joe

didn't work also made a video of it.

BCD536HP still no fix - YouTube

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Press SERV and double check that all are on. Also, I notice your squelch is maxed out. Turn it down to around 3.

I don't think those are going to make a difference.

To clarify for everyone reading, I am not in Nebraska, but I am familiar with the system. I'm out of ideas. It looks like a decoding problem...

UPDATE.

With the type set to.

Type Auto: it keep picking NFM no audio and dat and lnk altre super slow ...

Tpye NFM: same as above..

Type FM: dat/lnk rapid altar...... Boom audio.

Now here is the weird part if I switch back to auto or NFM they work.... but if the scanner is rebooted it goes back to the same problem.

If left on FM all is good. And this is for just Lincoln's site I have found.

So I just installed for a mobile setup and pick up a few other sites, like Milford and Papillion.. Low signal but work without having to switch to FM.

Joe, I don't know what to say. Is there something wrong with the scanners or is the site FM?

Reason I ask, if the DB needs to be changed.

Again thank for the help Joe!

Also to the modulation cannot be changed in Sentinel.

The 996xt is set to auto and picks it up a NFM with no problem.

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Great catch! I was reading some other posts with issues regarding NFM vs FM. Based on your findings and other postings, this is something that Uniden should look at.

The site is definitely NFM. FCC now requires that everything is NFM except low band.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Great catch! I was reading some other posts with issues regarding NFM vs FM. Based on your findings and other postings, this is something that Uniden should look at.

The site is definitely NFM. FCC now requires that everything is NFM except low band.

FCC may require but how many are doing?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
P25 Phase 1 systems (like the Nebraska SRS) use N4FM in a 12.5Khz channel. If the system can even transmit FM (which is a 25Khz channel), it would not be inline with the P25 standard. I think you can rest assured that the site is transmitting NFM.

FM vs NFM applies to analog transmitters and is not applicable on P25 Digital. The correct setting for the scanner is NFM, but this is obviously not working properly.

FCC may require but how many are doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.