BCD996P2 audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
My first thought was the problem was with the radio system and not your scanner. The fact that you don't have the problem on your other 2 scanners is mind boggling. It isn't a programming problem. Possibly, the digital AGC is not working. Try reloading the firmware. If that does not solve the problem, I suggest you contact Uniden tech support and explain that the problem occurs only with that particular scanner and changing AGC settings has no effect.. It may be a hardware defect. Is the scanner still under warranty? Let us know how you make out.

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
My first thought was the problem was with the radio system and not your scanner. The fact that you don't have the problem on your other 2 scanners is mind boggling. It isn't a programming problem. Possibly, the digital AGC is not working. Try reloading the firmware. If that does not solve the problem, I suggest you contact Uniden tech support and explain that the problem occurs only with that particular scanner and changing AGC settings has no effect.. It may be a hardware defect. Is the scanner still under warranty? Let us know how you make out.
Yeah it's under warranty. I'll see if it will allow me to replace the firmware again. Usually doesn't allow for that but worth a shot.
I just got the scanner a few days ago and waiting on Uniden to contact me since it's the weekend.
Thanks!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought, on my Uniden 996p2 some people modulation is low sounding but the same people on my RS 197 are much louder , seems Uniden receives different, i been at this hobby for 52 years and there was nothing like the old clunkers

shawn1976

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought, on my Uniden 996p2 some people modulation is low sounding but the same people on my RS 197 are much louder , seems Uniden receives different, i been at this hobby for 52 years and there was nothing like the old clunkers
I think I have the problem figured out. I redone the firmware and it's working better,not perfect, but better then it was. I have to check a few more settings and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.